Show Us Your 2019 & Up T1 Pictures !

Why an oil change at 600 Mi? 

Break-in period of 500 miles, but didn’t have time til now. Lots to metal parts rubbing together for the first time can cause lots of metal shavings. Lots of people do 500, 1000, 1500, then 5000 and intervals of 5000 from there on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, James S said:

just don't recall seeing that recommendation in the owners guide. reason I asked  thanks 

don't believe everything you see in the owners manual.  some of it is total nonsense. 

just don't recall seeing that recommendation in the owners guide. reason I asked  thanks 

Some people think doing a break-in is like snake oil. But I do a break-in period on everything I own from trucks, dirt bikes, chain saws, even guns have a break-in period. To each their own!

On 12/19/2020 at 7:54 PM, lrhochgesang said:

Break-in period of 500 miles, but didn’t have time til now. Lots to metal parts rubbing together for the first time can cause lots of metal shavings. Lots of people do 500, 1000, 1500, then 5000 and intervals of 5000 from there on.

? Good lord it is as if people are stuck in the 1950's and machining and assembly practices haven't changed in 70 years. 

19 hours ago, Colossus said:

don't believe everything you see in the owners manual.  some of it is total nonsense. 

Oh yeah, much better to believe those who speak on the forums ?

Tyler

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 12/20/2020 at 11:21 PM, amxguy1970 said:

? Good lord it is as if people are stuck in the 1950's and machining and assembly practices haven't changed in 70 years. 

Oh yeah, much better to believe those who speak on the forums ?

Tyler

The guy want to have a piece of mind. I mean oil change is like $50 +/- if it doesn't actually help, I am sure it doesn't hurt.

• Like 2