Please help!! I’m becoming extremely frustrated with the seats in my 2014 Sierra SLT. Here is the current situation, both front seats do not have working heat (lumbar and bottom) which leads me to believe that it would be pretty slim chances all 4 of those elements would be shot. What is weird is the cooled seats work on each side, and when I press the heated seat button for either side, the lights come on. I’ve checked every fuse imaginable and used a test lift to see if the elements are getting power, and they were not. What would make the elements not get power? A module or something? Any help would be appreciated as I can’t seem to find anything after my hours on forums. Pretty disappointed in a newer truck that is causing me issues like this. 

Mine have been replaced (heating elements) in both seat bottom and lumber, passenger & driver side twice under warranty.

I have heard and read of some that have had luck with dealer replacing entire seat with seat assemblies from '16 and up trucks.

The '14 and '15 sierra/Silverado heated seats simply do not work long and fail continuously.

Seats that are heat only with no cooling feature seem to hold up longer.

Just the Nature of the beast.

Trade it in if you want your heated seats to last :thumbs:

Have you taken it to a dealer to be looked at or are you out of warranty? Seems to me that if you aren’t getting power at the pads then it’s gotta be something else upstream. You’ve checked fuses and relays but have you checked that those are getting power as well?

2014 z71 LTZ
Volant Intake
Borla Exhaust
Diablo
Bilstein 5100
Rough Country Level

18 hours ago, stomlin1221 said:

Here is the current situation, both front seats do not have working heat (lumbar and bottom) which leads me to believe that it would be pretty slim chances all 4 of those elements would be shot. 

I think you are correct.  It may be a simple fix and worthwhile to have your local dealership diagnose the cause.  The heated seats on my '15 are used heavily and work well.

18 hours ago, stomlin1221 said:

Please help!! I’m becoming extremely frustrated with the seats in my 2014 Sierra SLT. Here is the current situation, both front seats do not have working heat (lumbar and bottom) which leads me to believe that it would be pretty slim chances all 4 of those elements would be shot. What is weird is the cooled seats work on each side, and when I press the heated seat button for either side, the lights come on. I’ve checked every fuse imaginable and used a test lift to see if the elements are getting power, and they were not. What would make the elements not get power? A module or something? Any help would be appreciated as I can’t seem to find anything after my hours on forums. Pretty disappointed in a newer truck that is causing me issues like this. 

So you are removing the connector at the seat heater and checking for voltage there?  Like others have said on here, the seat heater elements are junk.  My 2014 LTZ went in multiple times for multiple failures with the heating elements.

Yeah it’s very weird, I found the connection for the driver side bottom and used a test light at the connection going to the main harness and was not showing any power. However In the fuse box, both seats show they are getting power. I’m just baffled that both he lumbar and bottom elements could be out on both seats as none of them work at all. I’ll prob just have to bite the bullet and get it diagnosed at the dealer. Thank you for the responses 

• 3 years later...
On 10/8/2018 at 7:31 PM, stomlin1221 said:

Did you ever figure this problem out? I have the exact same thing with mine 14 Sierra. I took it to the stealership and they said it has power and ground, wants 5 1/2 hours to tear apart the seats to find the problem with the seats …. I’m at my whits end though. Thanks!