I'm sorry, but they're just hideous!

manley

3 minutes ago, DTB said:

A few minor tweaks and they would be much better. If the world can complain enough to make GM do an emergency refresh on the 19 Camaro, I’d say anything is possible.

3E7A9751-35C4-4590-B4D4-FE5D666F13D3.jpeg

693C5ABA-3832-4605-8D9A-0615FE188E67.jpeg

13F192F3-9A93-4ABB-8F2E-C04CCF0FE54D.jpeg

You moved mirrors and also updated front bumper on silvy? Also I like the bed and wheel wells on the Sierra. great job there with the photoshop! 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, DTB said:

A few minor tweaks and they would be much better. If the world can complain enough to make GM do an emergency refresh on the 19 Camaro, I’d say anything is possible.

3E7A9751-35C4-4590-B4D4-FE5D666F13D3.jpeg

693C5ABA-3832-4605-8D9A-0615FE188E67.jpeg

13F192F3-9A93-4ABB-8F2E-C04CCF0FE54D.jpeg

Yes, makes both look much better! The Silverado with the body-colored bumper looks great!

• Like 2

Just changing those little details are pretty much perfect. The mirrors on the windows and a straight body line. And a bumper that wraps around! Kill those hanging jowls lol. I'd buy one right now if they looked like that!

• Like 1

One thing to mention is putting the mirrors up on the windows again with this body style might increase wind noise substantially.  Remember body changes are done in a wind tunnel.  There is a reason for that.  Yes it looks better but if the noise is loud inside the cab, what would you rather have, looks or noise?

I’d like to see a comparison between the two decibel wise. I’m betting it’s virtually the same. Kind of like their aerodynamics BS. 7% more aerodynamic, 400 pounds lighter and no mpg gains. As far as visibility goes, I see not much gain either.

3 hours ago, Black02Silverado said:

One thing to mention is putting the mirrors up on the windows again with this body style might increase wind noise substantially.  Remember body changes are done in a wind tunnel.  There is a reason for that.  Yes it looks better but if the noise is loud inside the cab, what would you rather have, looks or noise?

We all agree it looks like sh$t... but you are exactly right. They put the mirror on the doors to reduce wind noise and drag.  I saw a video somewhere where the GM engineer explained it...make sense when explained. 

1 hour ago, GMC-AT said:

We all agree it looks like sh$t... but you are exactly right. They put the mirror on the doors to reduce wind noise and drag.  I saw a video somewhere where the GM engineer explained it...make sense when explained. 

No we "all" do not agree!  Being an owner I can say the mirror relocation to the door has improved visibility around the A pillar.

Edited by DougFL
spelling
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, juscuzram said:

Just changing those little details are pretty much perfect. The mirrors on the windows and a straight body line. And a bumper that wraps around! Kill those hanging jowls lol. I'd buy one right now if they looked like that!

Yup. x2

Exactly looks doesnt always mean functionality

Ryan B.