On ‎11‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 2:29 PM, Colossus said:

Actually GM is doing something smart by not offering the regular cab.  The sales numbers for those are so low, they are wasting money by keeping it an option with the tooling and parts for it.  Sorry regular cab fan boys, no sympathy here! 

So, if they are so low, why are the making them for 2020? They still make a Regular Cab 1500 for 2019, so tooling is not a problem for cost, as its already produced. these soccer mom trucks you can have. I rely on a truck to make my living plowing snow, and GM knows that offering a snow plow prep package for 30 years. Sorry Colossus, you do not think of others, and what they need and want in a truck.

13 minutes ago, Bigal426 said:

So, if they are so low, why are the making them for 2020? They still make a Regular Cab 1500 for 2019, so tooling is not a problem for cost, as its already produced. these soccer mom trucks you can have. I rely on a truck to make my living plowing snow, and GM knows that offering a snow plow prep package for 30 years. Sorry Colossus, you do not think of others, and what they need and want in a truck.

I'm not a regular cab fanboy, but think the regular cab with 6'6" bed looks great.  That said, I don't think that configuration is in high demand. 

However, I certainly recognize there is a need for a truck with an 8ft bed.  I also recognize that an 8 foot bed behind anything other than a regular cab, makes for a very long truck.  It does seem to me though, that I'm also seeing fewer of these on the road as well.  It seems like a lot of the independent operators (handyman, scrap metal collectors, landscapers, construction contractor, etc) are using double or crew cabs, and towing trailers if the bed space is insufficient. 

I would not be shocked if one day, the only way to get an 8ft bed is on a HD truck. 

Edited by rkj__

I will agree with you on building the 8' box only in HD Form in the future. Fords have eliminated most of their car line in favor of trucks and SUVs already. I sure hope that fuel prices do not increase a lot or a lot of consumers will be disappointed. In my part of the country, which is the Great Lakes area, there still are a lot of Regular Cab trucks, both 1500 and 2500HD and 3500HDs. Dealers still always stock a few 3500HD Cab and Chassis that we can put our own dump boxes on to hail rock salt, san, and gravel. The 8' box is in demand to put an insert spreader into it for salt and sanding. In states where there is no snow, I do see more crew cabs. I ended up with a leftover 18 Regular cab 8' box that I installed a 9.2 Boss Plow and 8' salt Spreader in the back, after I Linex sprayed the bed.