How do I locate the airbag fuse in my 2015 silverado

So I was out at glamis Sand dunes over the hallween weekend and I took my 2015 1500 out into the Sand dunes to drive around. After some moderate dune basing I crested a dune a moments later the side curtain airbags deployed. Long story short, Im looking for a way to disable to side curtain airbags to avoid future deployment when out in the desert. But I have had no real luck locating a fuse to pull in order to achieve this. Does anyone know where I can find that fuse?

• 3 years later...
On 11/3/2018 at 10:51 PM, Nkdbear said:

So I was out at glamis Sand dunes over the hallween weekend and I took my 2015 1500 out into the Sand dunes to drive around. After some moderate dune basing I crested a dune a moments later the side curtain airbags deployed. Long story short, Im looking for a way to disable to side curtain airbags to avoid future deployment when out in the desert. But I have had no real luck locating a fuse to pull in order to achieve this. Does anyone know where I can find that fuse?

Did you get an answer to that? I too need to achieve the same.

In my owners manual for my 2016, it lists fuse #23 on the passenger fuse panel as Airbag/Info. I'm guessing that would be it??? That's the only one I saw the references the airbag. 

Screenshot_20220118-200241.thumb.jpg.868f913537b361c7fda494c4ba0a4fee.jpg

Edited by mikeyk101

1 hour ago, pokismoki said:

i believe there is a tsb update for offroading without acitivating airbags

I did a search and saw several instances of a fix on the Colorado ZR2 and the Canyon under "Unwanted Roof-Rail Air Bag Deployments While Off-Roading" but nothing about Silverados or Sierras. It involves reprogramming to reduce the sensitivity on the sensors. There was some other info about 2015 and 2016 Silverados having random airbag rail deployments especially in hot climates but nothing about offroading deployments. Any chance you might have the number for the TSB?  

10 hours ago, pokismoki said:

no i dont have the number, i remember it years ago a forum member had it happen in a K2 and had it repaired , re-programmed at the dealer for the update. so he said.

good luck finding anything on the search bar here..

I usually will just do a regular internet search instead of the forum search so other sites get included as well. That's how I found the ZR2 information. I rarely count on in site searches because they are usually lacking like you allude to. But if you use a regular search engine and want to search a specific site like this one, I will fire up a search engine ( google, duckduckgo  etc... ) and then add "site:gm-trucks.com" ( without the quotation marks ) after the words I am searching for. Usually a more productive search.