What tires to buy?

I had Cooper ATPs on my F150 previously.  They started out great but got progressively noisier and noisier as they wore down (mostly at 35mph and slower - which is a large part of my driving) to the point where they were almost unbearable.  When I replaced them I got Hankook Dynapro ATMs on the recommendation of a tire guy I know and they were even worse than the Coopers from the very beginning.  Looked great and handled good but were horribly noisy - again like the Coopers at sub 35mph speeds.  

I had Cooper ATPs on my F150 previously.  They started out great but got progressively noisier and noisier as they wore down (mostly at 35mph and slower - which is a large part of my driving) to the point where they were almost unbearable.  When I replaced them I got Hankook Dynapro ATMs on the recommendation of a tire guy I know and they were even worse than the Coopers from the very beginning.  Looked great and handled good but were horribly noisy - again like the Coopers at sub 35mph speeds.  

See now, if you had a 14-18 GM truck you’d have all that sound deadening material keeping you from having to hear it. Sorry to hear that, it stinks buying new anything and only later after all that time gone by to be disappointed. Whatcha looking at now?

A neighbor had that on his 16 F150 4x4, put approx 40k on his Hankook ATM’s and they still look good, he loves them.

Just now, TXGREEK said:

See now, if you had a 14-18 GM truck you’d have all that sound deadening material keeping you from having to hear it. Sorry to hear that, it stinks buying new anything and only later after all that time gone by to be disappointed. Whatcha looking at now?

Oh I traded the F150 in a couple weeks ago on a 2018 Sierra Denali 1500 standard bed crew.  Much quieter and better ride. 

Just now, TXGREEK said:

Great to hear! When is the CST lift going on lol

No more lifts for me.  My F150 had a lift and as much as I liked the look, I honestly regretted doing it fairly soon after it was done.   Keeping the new one stock. :)

No more lifts for me.  My F150 had a lift and as much as I liked the look, I honestly regretted doing it fairly soon after it was done.   Keeping the new one stock. [emoji4]

Funny you say that, the 4x4 I have all my vehicles serviced at tried talking me out of doing my lift stating “have you seen the amount of used lifted trucks for sale?” I spared no expense, bought the CST 4.5” with CST full suspension coilovers and rear with resi’s. To be honest with you, I’m looking at never selling it, I love it and will never own another truck without same lift. I totally understand if yours made you unhappy, congratulations on your new truck and welcome to the 6.2 club [emoji6]

I picked up a set of Nitto Ridge Grapplers a couple of weeks back and have been nothing but impressed.  Truck is still stock height, so I went with the P rated 275/60r20s, I believe that's a big as you can go in the P rated.  Not even 1000 miles on them, so I can't speak to anything long term, but so far I've found them to be super quiet (not as quiet as stock, but just about), and fantastic in both dry and wet conditions. 

• Like 1

I picked up a set of Nitto Ridge Grapplers a couple of weeks back and have been nothing but impressed.  Truck is still stock height, so I went with the P rated 275/60r20s, I believe that's a big as you can go in the P rated.  Not even 1000 miles on them, so I can't speak to anything long term, but so far I've found them to be super quiet (not as quiet as stock, but just about), and fantastic in both dry and wet conditions. 

Congratulations, I love mine. I’m on my second set, bumped up from a 285/60/20. I’ve found with the proper suspension, coilovers etc you’ll have an even smoother ride. I’ve now got the 295/60/20’s E or F rated d12b2391eaba6a94f0ade650fbdf6920.jpg but I run them at approximately 38 psi for a smoother ride with zero issues. Have a great Merry Christmas

On 12/3/2018 at 12:53 PM, Hate Work said:

OP: Do you go off the highway? Michelin LTX A/T2 might be a nice upgrade. 60, 000 mile warranty.

Michelin LTX A/T2

or.....

another vote for the Falken Wildpeak it come in a P tire or LT

Winldpeak AT3W

I had a 2015 with 2" level and 2" blocks I the rear.

I went with Michelin LTX AT2 

275 70 18 . My gas mileage dropped about 1- 1 1/2 mpg. They cost around $250 each

The upside is these tires wear like iron. I got 90,000 miles on them and they still had 4/32 tread left when I replaced them.  They are pretty quiet too. 

• Like 1

I had a 2015 with 2" level and 2" blocks I the rear.
I went with Michelin LTX AT2 
275 70 18 . My gas mileage dropped about 1- 1 1/2 mpg. They cost around $250 each
The upside is these tires wear like iron. I got 90,000 miles on them and they still had 4/32 tread left when I replaced them.  They are pretty quiet too. 

My DMax came with the LTX AT2 already on, switched to KO2’s for a larger size and got vibrations at highway speeds then switched back to the AT2’s but in much larger size, great tires.

I’m running 295/55-20 Toyo Open Country AT 2’s. I love the look and the tread wear is amazing! I’ve got just under 46,000 on them and it appears i have about 50-60% left on the tread life. I will say my mileage dropped a TON when i put these on from the OE tires but these have outlasted those by almost 10K already with LOTS to go. I drive mostly highway and some country chip sealed roads. I did have an issue with getting them to balance when I first put the tires and wheels on but since having them road forced, the balance issue is gone. Here’s a few pics. ed84ff427db0270e3e326f83735768b6.jpgacf98cc7648ed6327b07ca602ff20670.jpge0f6165d93b4d248ee1b5d8689d771e3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

You need to decide if you are buying tires for looks or for performance..
If want performance (dry - wet - ice - snow) Check out the reviews on tire rack and consumer reports..
If you just want looks, then get pretty ones.
I went with the Continental Terrain Contacts..
Very high reviews.
We have 4 seasons here.. Performance is paramount for me.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

You need to decide if you are buying tires for looks or for performance..
If want performance (dry - wet - ice - snow) Check out the reviews on tire rack and consumer reports..
If you just want looks, then get pretty ones.
I went with the Continental Terrain Contacts..
Very high reviews.
We have 4 seasons here.. Performance is paramount for me.

You can still have both, best is your ride quality within the seasons you drive but that’s my personal experience

You can still have both, best is your ride quality within the seasons you drive but that’s my personal experience
Precisely! Make sure your tires perform in the conditions you drive in.
My point is don't buy strictly on looks!
Mud tires on the streets? Foolish.. IMO

• Like 1

Precisely! Make sure your tires perform in the conditions you drive in.
My point is don't buy strictly on looks!
Mud tires on the streets? Foolish.. IMO

Absolutely agree