Anyone start tearing down a 2019 to install sound system?

6 hours ago, Rook126 said:

The dash speaker plug is different from the door speaker plugs so they won’t work. Don’t cut off your dash speaker plugs. Just tap into each wire and extend it to your replacement speakers. I did this a few days ago.
Use wire strippers to score the wire insulation behind the factory plug and pulled the insulation to each side to expose the copper wiring. Be careful not to damage any copper strands. Wrap your new wiring around the exposed copper and solder it. Seal it up and you’re done. The factory plugs will still be there in case you ever need them again. 

Yes, that's my plan but it would be nicer to find a connector. Just seems strange that the connectors would be available for the doors but not for the dash. 

10 hours ago, kmeleon said:

Yes, that's my plan but it would be nicer to find a connector. Just seems strange that the connectors would be available for the doors but not for the dash. 

I have tons of different pins in different sizes and I'm sure one would slide right in to the stock connector. You could just pin the tweeter wires,slide them in and tape it off securely. Way better than cutting any factory wire.

Some people don't mind cutting into their factory wire and I'm definitely not one of them.....:)

I spoke with JH1973 and we briefly discussed the pin idea. I think I have some pins somewhere that I will try to see if they fit and if they do I will make note of the size. If that doesn't pan out, I have some posi-taps on order. These: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07SLVS2CM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Here are a few pics of the Bose door speaker and connectors, unfortunately, they are 2 ohms in typical Bose fashion. The Metra and knock-off Amazon adapters I bought feel like they will fit but it’s tight. I did not want force them in.

4D6F13CE-613D-490E-9D15-E7DB1A9683D9.jpeg

On 3/21/2021 at 1:08 AM, JH1973 said:

Is the one in your hand there what you need to fit pins into? Can you take a picture that good of the male pins that go into those from the stock tweeter? 

I just want to see what style the male pins are.

Here you go.

2F563FAD-51B2-4310-BD24-B772CC31899A.jpeg

Excellent amount of information here, glad that I've gone through it all.

I'm going to install a component set in front this weekend and as I'm going through my steps I'm trying to figure out where to install the crossover to be able to tie into both the door and dash speaker wires? My thought is that if I place the crossover in the door itself I'd have to run new wire out the door and to the stock dash location which seems like a huge hassle to get through the harness in the door. I'm open to installing the tweeter on the upper door trim at the bottom/front of the window and just unplugging the dash speakers and leaving them there but if I can easily place them in the dash I'd rather do that. What have some of you guys done?

On 4/1/2021 at 11:18 AM, brianburns97 said:

Excellent amount of information here, glad that I've gone through it all.

I'm going to install a component set in front this weekend and as I'm going through my steps I'm trying to figure out where to install the crossover to be able to tie into both the door and dash speaker wires? My thought is that if I place the crossover in the door itself I'd have to run new wire out the door and to the stock dash location which seems like a huge hassle to get through the harness in the door. I'm open to installing the tweeter on the upper door trim at the bottom/front of the window and just unplugging the dash speakers and leaving them there but if I can easily place them in the dash I'd rather do that. What have some of you guys done?

I mounted my tweeters in the door, this was the “best” location without having to do too much modification to the door panel itself. Right, wrong, I dunno but worked for me. I’ll take better pics if needed but it’s right above the 6.5s behind the door. I went with JL audio C2 components 

256D849D-7D07-430F-94C7-0272AC9DE7CC.jpeg

Edited by Goobax

33 minutes ago, Goobax said:

I mounted my tweeters in the door, this was the “best” location without having to do too much modification to the door panel itself. Right, wrong, I dunno but worked for me. I’ll take better pics if needed but it’s right above the 6.5s behind the door. I went with JL audio C2 components 

256D849D-7D07-430F-94C7-0272AC9DE7CC.jpeg

I didn't give that location a thought but it's definitely a good idea now that I see it. It would save me from pulling the upper door trim off too. I've got the Fosgate P165-SE to go in there. Thanks for the idea!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/19/2021 at 7:43 PM, sclemmer said:

Here are a few pics of the Bose door speaker and connectors, unfortunately, they are 2 ohms in typical Bose fashion. The Metra and knock-off Amazon adapters I bought feel like they will fit but it’s tight. I did not want force them in.

4D6F13CE-613D-490E-9D15-E7DB1A9683D9.jpeg

You didn't happen to measure the rear doors did you?

• 2 weeks later...