Coolant Leak - culprits?

So my new '18 Sierra Denali with 6.2 has a small coolant leak somewhere.  I noticed it this morning on my garage floor - just a few drops.  I slid under and looked around but couldn't find anything (was heading to work so couldn't spend to much time) so over lunch I stopped my the local dealer. 

They put it on the rack and couldn't find a thing either - ended up putting dye in it and said to drive it for a week or so and stop back to have it checked again.

Just curious if anyone has any typical culprits for where it may be leaking so I can give it a once over myself when I have more time.   Kinda bummed I'm dealing with this at 2700ish miles.  :( 

Thanks.

7 minutes ago, BillK01 said:

So my new '18 Sierra Denali with 6.2 has a small coolant leak somewhere.  I noticed it this morning on my garage floor - just a few drops.  I slid under and looked around but couldn't find anything (was heading to work so couldn't spend to much time) so over lunch I stopped my the local dealer. 

They put it on the rack and couldn't find a thing either - ended up putting dye in it and said to drive it for a week or so and stop back to have it checked again.

Just curious if anyone has any typical culprits for where it may be leaking so I can give it a once over myself when I have more time.   Kinda bummed I'm dealing with this at 2700ish miles:( 

Thanks.

I bet you are but it's way better to see it under your vehicle (at least I hope it is and not a cracked part) than to notice your coolant level dropping with nothing on the floor.

Few good thing warranty, small leak that is visible and it isn't inside the truck.
You need the purple flashlight. But I would check easy stuff. Like the peacock and all the lower lines.
I am not a huge fan or the self tighten clamps. Takes some time before they conform on new rubber. I had leaks on gm hoses with those.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Just let the dealer take care of it.

On earlier 14 and 15 K2 trucks, a bad batch cycling thermostats caused the radiator to crack where the supports met at the plastic/aluminum joints.

16' and up models should not be affected by this so you can eliminate that.

• Like 2

On ‎02‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 3:21 PM, Sierra Dan said:

Just let the dealer take care of it.

On earlier 14 and 15 K2 trucks, a bad batch cycling thermostats caused the radiator to crack where the supports met at the plastic/aluminum joints.

16' and up models should not be affected by this so you can eliminate that.

Not true.. my 17 just had this done back in December.

On 2/8/2019 at 2:06 PM, Brad....... said:

I noticed this in the snow yesterday where I park my truck. It seemed to be towards the rear of the truck but I'm assuming it's coolant. Warranty expires in 2 weeks. Its a 2015.

IMG_0228.JPG

Duratracs FTW :)

1 hour ago, Brad....... said:

I really like the Duratracs. 

The coolant is red in my truck. I wish I knew what the green stuff was. Getting nervous as the warranty deadline approaches. 

Take it in to the dealer now to have them check it over.  That way it is caught before the warranty is up.  I know it is a pain, but better to get it in now and be covered if there is an issue then later and have to pay.

2 hours ago, Brad....... said:

I really like the Duratracs. 

The coolant is red in my truck. I wish I knew what the green stuff was. Getting nervous as the warranty deadline approaches. 

The green substance might be a chemical reaction between the exhaust system and salt.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/globe-drive/culture/commuting/an-explanation-for-the-yellow-snow-under-your-car/article621975/