What’s the best Truck Battery available and why?

3 hours ago, dieselfan1 said:

I kind of figured you had something with a 502 under the hood. Very nice. What else can you tell about the car? 502 hp? Thanks for sharing.

I vote for Interstate batteries too.

I have had several over the years and never failed me. It gets cold here in the winter. Like -25F. 

Thank you Jim! Also for all the kind words from everyone :thumbs: Yes it’s the 2004 ZZ502 with 502 hp and 567 lb-ft torque. I believe the newer ones have 508/580. Upgraded roller rockers, Edelbrock 800 4 barrel, custom headers (drivers side had to clear steering shaft), MSD electronic ignition and distributor, Holley fuel pump, 4 row aluminum radiator. Moser 9 inch (Ford designed...but made better :Drear end and axles. Wilwood disc brakes. Magnaflow exhaust with electric cutouts just behind the headers. Turbo 400 from BME so not sure who actually did the build. Some appearance stuff like chrome valve covers/breathers, powder coated hood hinges and hood release, chrome radiator cover and custom aluminum panel to cover that dead spot between the radiator and nose. Pontiac red with subtle pearl white stripes. Damn just posting this tells me why I don’t yet understand these “tunes” everyone talks about LOL. Now I’ll stop...I’ve been politely reminded this is a truck forum.

Sent from my iPhone
  • Like 3

6 of one half a dozen of the other about 85% of all batteries are made by the same 3 companies. That is why walmart batteries are actually a recommended buy because of its price point and is identical to most other batteries.  

Consumer reports always has rated optima batteries bad. My uncle worked at a parts store too and they are by far the most warranty exchanged battery they had.

I've gotten batteries from Sams Club, Advance Auto parts, O'Reillys, they have all lasted 7+ years.

What I typically do now is order online at advance auto, use the online only 25% off coupon and pick it up in store in a half hour.

Edited by djw88
  • Like 1

Like I said out of the ones the OP posted Id go with the Odyssey

But with that said you really cant go wrong with any auto parts store brand of AGM. 

Looking at the big 3 parts stores near me an AGM with identical warranties all run around $199 for my 17 1500.  Advance Auto would probably win out because of the 25% off though. 

• Like 2

I bought 2x Odyssey 48-720 batteries for my 2015 Duramax. You can get a 10% of code from their FB page that I believe is still active. I will not purchase any other brand of battery for any of my vehicles. If you want the best, Odyssey is it.

• Like 1

FWIW, I had an Odyssey in my 1997 Jeep Wrangler and it was the best battery I ever had in it. Jeep lights were brighter and the crank was the smoothest it ever was the entire time I owned it. It saw Michigan winters and never failed to start, even after sitting a few days. I have the factory Interstate in my 2016 Sierra now and have had 0 issues as well. When it reaches it's normal battery life of 5 years (in the next 2 years), I'll most likely get an Odyssey.