2009 GMX Yukon XL SLT Starting Issues

New to the forum and thought I would inquire if anyone has some advice in regards to a starting problem I am having.  Thank you for reading this.  

For starters, the SUV is a 2009 GMC Yukon XL SLT 5.3L SFI Flex Fuel (120K miles and oil change light is on, changed oil but have not reset light indicator as I have been playing with starting issue).

For the last few weeks it has had a strange intermittent starting issue.  When you turn the key to the acc position the battery reads correctly and matches my meter with all electronics working.  However, when I would turn the key to the next position (ignition).  It would just click.  So I would turn it off and then retry with no luck starting.  When held in full ignition position it would click and click and then start.  as long as you held it in place for a good 5-10 seconds. 

I checked the battery again and ran tests on it.  Brand new battery and no issues. 

I checked battery cables and grounds with no red flags.  

I removed the starter relay and jumped 30/87 and confirmed the starter itself has no issue.  The starter kicks on and sounds good.

Yesterday, I went to start it with a fully charged battery and it would only click.  Doors would try and lock and unlock during the process but it would not start.  

I got out of the vehicle and locked the doors.  use the FOB to remote start and the vehicle started with no issues.  

I got into the SUV and tried the key, and it started right up.  Started it a number of times with the parking brake on, parking brake off with no luck in recreating the problems.  However, I feel that it's only getting worse with no real answers and no way to recreate the problems or how to solve.

Which is why I am here. :)  I have googled quite a bit and read a number of posts here, but no real solution.  So I am hoping someone can point me in the correct direction. I love troubleshooting but this is bit annoying.  Any help is greatly appreciated.