Cruise shut off when blinking. Dash lights dim.

I was driving for about 45 minutes down the interstate in my 2014 Silverado. I went to pass a car and the cruise shut off when i turned the blinker on. The dash lights would also dim for a second when i pressed the brake or turned on the blinker. It continued to do this until i pulled into a parking lot and shut the truck off for about 30 minutes while i was in a store. I should also note that when i pulled in the parking spot it was like the power steering quit for half a second like it has done a few times before.

On the 1 hour trip home it drove normally with no issues.

I have had other electrical issues like diming headlights when pressing the brake and also headlights dimming in time with the blinker. Usually these problems happen when i have been driving for 45 minutes or more. 

My battery is about a year old so i dont think that is the issue.

Has anyone else had these issues and found a fix? 

Thanks

Herbsauce78 

I have a 2014 Chevy 1500 also. I am having the exact same issues out of my truck as well. it started doing so shortly after I bought it from the dealership. Brightening/dimming the headlights and using blinkers would turn my cruise off also. Anytime I hit the brake my headlights and dash flicker;etc... I also have trouble with my power steering not working when this issues occurs its mostly while im sitting still. Ive actually had the truck go dead while turning in somewhere from my powersteering not working, I guess its pulling too much power and shutting the truck off. Also, while sitting still it'll pop up that my stabilitrak needs servicing and it cuts my park assist off but only like when I turn the steering wheel and it pulls power from power steering not working.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...

2014, 90k miles is showing the same symptoms.. 

-cruise shuts off if turn signaling

-brakes + turning sharp will bring up stabilitrack service 

-braking will dim headlights

-theft deterrent system comes on

-power steering cuts off when stabilitrack pops up

I seen they had a recall for the stabilitrack issue, but taking it into my local GM dealer they said it had already been done by the previous owner. They informed me it was a different issue arising but wanted $$$$ for them to look.  

Ive found a lot of positive reviews on cutting the material around the G218 grounds that are in the dash which is making it short out. So going to try that this weekend.

Did anyone else get this figured out yet? Crazy that GM won’t recall this issue seeing as it can be hazardous having your steering cut off while turning lol 

Edited by Blk14Silverado

14 GMC, flicker gets worse at idle and breaking the light almost seem to shut off. I’ve gotten a new battery, issue came back within a week. Did the G218 deal and no change. The stabilitrack happened a few times while on a 3 hour drive and a low voltage stare popped up afterI stopped For fuel. Following. 

• 2 months later...

Was there ever any resolution to this?

currently experiencing all the same issues. Seemed to improve for whatever reason when I fiddled with the battery cables and pressed on all the fuses in the fuse box. Now it’s just more subtle but still happening 

• 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

I just started having the same issues with my 2015 Tahoe. Loss of cruise control, dash and radio lights flicker for a second, headlights also flicker a lil when i press the brakes. Use the turn signal to switch lanes and the cruise control cuts off. Has anyone found a solution to the problem? Battery cables are good and tight. Alternator is about a year old. Not sure how old the battery is but my dash shows its a 14v when the car is running although the voltage did drop a lil while i was driving but that was just for about 2-3 seconds.