I hope in their TCM tune they fully disabled Traction Control.

You can not have that horsepower and let the TCM slip the trans clutches to keep the tires from spinning (thats how Traction Control works). Computer would detonate the tranny left and right.

I would go old school. No computer controlled Trans. And ditch that factory driveshaft and have a real one made. Then you will only have rear axle problems. [emoji4]
I have my traction controls set to silly numbers. So it works but only when on and the tires spin 5 times. And it reduces throttle like the stabilatrac.
Agree on driveshaft disagree on only problem left is axles. I think at that level and my happy and heavy foot there would be a tire issue. Lol.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I would never own a high powered pickup without awd

it makes the truck on the street.

Lol at getting traction in 2wd in a pickup with a hi powered v8 on street tires. Just a burnout machine that can’t put the power down.

3 hours ago, Grumpy Bear said:

:PNot sure Daddy Dave would agree with that RWD thing. :P

DaddyDave.jpg.e39b53b82d40ef02af0042c8155a68d3.jpg

I said street tires

obviously if you are running slicks on a drag strip you have enough traction to transfer weight to the rear and off the front.

Put 800whp in a relatively stock suspension and stock weight 2wd pickup on the street you’re going to be spinning at 70mph. Who the hell wants massive power that’s only useful on the highway. Been there done that. Fun on the street = 0-60.

Edited by truckguy82

3 hours ago, 1SLOW1500 said:

Or a local to me guy. ok maybe more track but he fires it up and drives down and back his street. 

How in the world does he keep the 4X4 hooked up with the front wheels off the ground? :rolleyes: 

32 minutes ago, truckguy82 said:

I said street tires

obviously if you are running slicks on a drag strip you have enough traction to transfer weight to the rear and off the front.

Put 800whp in a relatively stock suspension and stock weight 2wd pickup on the street you’re going to be spinning at 70mph. Who the hell wants massive power that’s only useful on the highway. Been there done that. Fun on the street = 0-60.

Oh there are FOOLS that try that. I've taken allot of money from them. Bigger question is why do they spend the money to generate that sort of RWHP and totally whiff the business end of the deal? I only drag raced cars one year then moved to bikes. Much cheaper. In both cases the chassis was done to hold it before he motor was built to deliver it. 

Scale weights on the RCSB I have put her at 52/48 bias. Better than some muscle cars. Weight transfer causes bite. Bite doesn't case weigh transfer. You can put air under the front wheels of a stock 67 Mustang 270hp/289 on bias ply street tires with a 40 lb. flywheel a good ladder setup, floater and loose front shocks. That car is 58/42. Just say' n. 

Edited by Grumpy Bear

Even the huge power awd lambo,gtr, Porsche, Ferrari use rear drive more. The launch control software send way more to the rear as the weight transfer gives the traction then once the car is moving it sends some power up front. Other reason for this is if the fronts are unloaded and spinning it makes it hard to steer, and that also important.
The big torque diesels are the same way we see a lot of them leaving in 2wd and switching over to 4wd a ways out.
Oh cars I saw staying awd and working was the eclipse or talon cars but the torque steer and broken parts mean they have to use the tune to leave under much less power then get it in the top end.
Ever see the x275 radial class? It was a class for cheaper cars that wouldn't be as fast do to the small tire. Well they are flying.
Look at parish's old truck, 1200+hp on the streets. Beat many people on unprepared streets. Or Zac Wrights crew cab Sierra.
As GB said suspension,weight transfer, and tire.
The new sports cars are heavy also 4600lb. Losing weight helps cars go fast but get enough power and set it up traction isn't the limiting factor. We add weight to roll cage to help. Will bolt on weight bars.
Lastly traction controls have come a long way. In racing we monitor ever moving part with a sensor. But even the factory is adding very capable software. Or trucks aren't that advanced but getting there. The launch control is nick named the baby gtr. You can hold brake and give gas to build power and it will let you and even adjust the torque tables to allow more power at lower rpms to do the launch. Watch turbo 2step launch and turn up the audio....is very cool to watch.

2 hours ago, 1SLOW1500 said:

Even the huge power awd lambo,gtr, Porsche, Ferrari use rear drive more. The launch control software send way more to the rear as the weight transfer gives the traction then once the car is moving it sends some power up front. Other reason for this is if the fronts are unloaded and spinning it makes it hard to steer, and that also important.
The big torque diesels are the same way we see a lot of them leaving in 2wd and switching over to 4wd a ways out.
Oh cars I saw staying awd and working was the eclipse or talon cars but the torque steer and broken parts mean they have to use the tune to leave under much less power then get it in the top end.
Ever see the x275 radial class? It was a class for cheaper cars that wouldn't be as fast do to the small tire. Well they are flying.
Look at parish's old truck, 1200+hp on the streets. Beat many people on unprepared streets. Or Zac Wrights crew cab Sierra.
As GB said suspension,weight transfer, and tire.
The new sports cars are heavy also 4600lb. Losing weight helps cars go fast but get enough power and set it up traction isn't the limiting factor. We add weight to roll cage to help. Will bolt on weight bars.
Lastly traction controls have come a long way. In racing we monitor ever moving part with a sensor. But even the factory is adding very capable software. Or trucks aren't that advanced but getting there. The launch control is nick named the baby gtr. You can hold brake and give gas to build power and it will let you and even adjust the torque tables to allow more power at lower rpms to do the launch. Watch turbo 2step launch and turn up the audio....is very cool to watch.

All that matters for traction is percentage of weight on the driven tires and tire compound

Lambo porsche, and ferrari are all mid/rear engined. Huge traction advantage.

GTR’s don’t switch to 2wd unless they are running slicks.

Yes anything that has enough power and traction to lift the front wheels off the ground has zero purpose of being awd. We are both in agreement there.

Edited by truckguy82

You are correct as it you lose traction you can unload the tires and suspension and fall into a world of problems.

Think GB was saying the suspension does the first work with the ic and loads the tire to give you the bite then they work together to get you down the road. 

Sorry but you are wrong. Weight over tires isn't all that matters the instant center will effect the weight transfer. How it hits and rides out of the dig. There is a reason 4 link wish bone with 60+ way adjustable shocks are used. 

We drop all the weight we can then scale it. But transfer of weight is the name of the game. To help r/t and 60ft times we lower car and reduce the amount of travel in the squatting. 

Look in the back of drag trucks all steal beds are gone and gutted. Fuel cell and battery. 

Why did camaros have a long torque arm? 

7 hours ago, 1SLOW1500 said:

Sorry but you are wrong. Weight over tires isn't all that matters the instant center will effect the weight transfer. How it hits and rides out of the dig. There is a reason 4 link wish bone with 60+ way adjustable shocks are used. 

We drop all the weight we can then scale it. But transfer of weight is the name of the game. To help r/t and 60ft times we lower car and reduce the amount of travel in the squatting. 

Look in the back of drag trucks all steal beds are gone and gutted. Fuel cell and battery. 

Why did camaros have a long torque arm? 

When I said weight over the tires I meant during acceleration. IE a wheelie is 100% of the weight on the driven tires.

We are saying the saying the same thing. Yeah if it takes longer to squat it takes longer to have 100% of the weight on the drive tires.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

**update**

I got my performance 6L80 built with the PATC Phoenix and Sonnax zip kit. Tuned by Mike at Century Transmission w/hp tuners. Got the PML deep trans pan thinking it would help with heat. Dont get me wrong, it's a great pan, but since the 6L80's already run hot and then you go with the Phoenix kit; the clutches have more surface area and therefore, a lot more heat. I began seeing 230-240 degree trans temps with normal driving and in Alaska of all places! I gutted the factory trans thermostat, which helped zero, so I ordered the Derale part #13870, an inline trans filter, derale high temp/pressure hose, aircraft switches (mounted in top glove compartment) and the rest of the accoutrements I would need to install. Ive been running the damn thing hard and cant get temps above 194 degrees now and normally operates around 160-175 with regular driving. Phoenix kit is well worth it for the weight/hp/tq above 600-650 and the Derale cooler #13870 is not a bad way to investment $300 on Amazon. Let me know if anyone is headed down the same path and I can lend an assist with how I ran my setup. I still have plenty of room for a second cooler where I mounted the first one too. ?cheers

20190727_173434.jpg

20190727_173419.jpg