Behind the grill light bar? Yes you can...

A couple of weeks ago I saw an ad or post from Battle Born Off-Road about a behind the grill light bar for the 2019 Silverado. I was quite interested because I have read about problems putting a light bar behind the grill on these new models because of the active shutters in front of the radiator on these trucks. I had a behind the grill light bar on my 2016 Sierra and the extra light really helps on some of the dark areas I roam... I was quite disappointed to find that I may not be able to have the same thing on my 2019 Silverado RST.

So Battle Born Off-Road posted an add for a set-up made by Baja Designs. It incorporated their S8 20 inch light bar, a wiring harness and mounting brackets. I inquired about the kit and if it would actually work. These guys called the manufacturer and confirmed it, so I pulled the trigger.

The S8 light bar is awesome and it has a pretty slick amber accent light built in. This 20 inch bar really pumps out the light and has focused lenses on the bar.

Installation was quite easy and after I got the grill off it took about an hour. The only week part of the kit is the directions in terms of removing the grill on the Silverado...

If you are looking for a behind the grill light bar for the Silverado, this kit should top your list.

sorry for the picture quality, but it's all I have at the moment.

LRM_EXPORT_82040063126969_20190422_230432798.jpeg

20190422_230153.jpg

• Like 7

18 hours ago, Andy Chabot said:

A couple of weeks ago I saw an ad or post from Battle Born Off-Road about a behind the grill light bar for the 2019 Silverado. I was quite interested because I have read about problems putting a light bar behind the grill on these new models because of the active shutters in front of the radiator on these trucks. I had a behind the grill light bar on my 2016 Sierra and the extra light really helps on some of the dark areas I roam... I was quite disappointed to find that I may not be able to have the same thing on my 2019 Silverado RST.

So Battle Born Off-Road posted an add for a set-up made by Baja Designs. It incorporated their S8 20 inch light bar, a wiring harness and mounting brackets. I inquired about the kit and if it would actually work. These guys called the manufacturer and confirmed it, so I pulled the trigger.

The S8 light bar is awesome and it has a pretty slick amber accent light built in. This 20 inch bar really pumps out the light and has focused lenses on the bar.

Installation was quite easy and after I got the grill off it took about an hour. The only week part of the kit is the directions in terms of removing the grill on the Silverado...

If you are looking for a behind the grill light bar for the Silverado, this kit should top your list.

LRM_EXPORT_82040063126969_20190422_230432798.jpeg

20190422_230153.jpg

Nice!  Please get some pics of the actual mount.  In the daytime.  ha!   Thanks for posting this- been thinking of mounting one too.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 4/22/2019 at 11:24 PM, Andy Chabot said:

I wonder if this would work on my 2020 1500 LTZ...

• 1 month later...

I tried this yesterday with my LTZ using a 30" Rough coutnry curved light bar.  Magnificent fail.  Ended up messing up the grill and need to replace it now.    I can see how its possible to get a bar back there - LOTS of room, but no good mounting options like on the K2s.