Trailer Camera Package

I don't have the trailer camera package but I can tell you I love the tech package with all the cameras. I didn't think I'd like them but the truck I bought had them and it's certainly nice in tight spaces because these trucks are big (I park in a parking garage for work so everything is tight). The other parts of the tech package are even better. The HUD and the digital dash are amazing.

I can definitely see the value in the trailer camera package if you pull a boat or a box trailer a lot and it restricts your view...

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I have the trailer camera package in a GMC.  You could not get the trailer camera package and the technology package together so I got the trailer camera package, not knowing fully what the difference is between the two.  Now that I have it I believe here are the differences.  When you get the trailer camera package you give up the front camera that you would have on the technology package.  So your surround view camera shows a 270-degree view.  The technology package shows a 360-degree view.  Both packages have the cameras in the mirrors along with a camera for the hitch.  The technology package also has heads-up display and the ability to see the rear camera in the rear view window.  The towing package does not have these features.  The main thing about the trailer camera package is that there is a place to plug in an accessory camera at the rear bumper.  This is an accessory camera that has to be purchased separately.  Once you do that you can either install it inside of the trailer so you can see if everything is ok in the trailer or you can install it on the back of the trailer and see what is behind you.  So if you tow a camper or enclosed trailer that is a cool feature that the technology package does not have.  One thing that is a little disappointing is that you can only view the cameras for a short time while you are driving, probably a safety feature.  As a side note I am basing all of this from a GMC standpoint.  The trailer camera package for a GMC is $450.00 and is $250.00 for a Chevy.  So I don't know if there is a difference between the two.  If you are not considering the technology package because of cost I would definitely get the towing package.  Even if you don't get the accessory camera the other cameras are very useful for the money.