GM or me. One of us is really dumb (RPO sticker to scannable QR barcode)

Having a hell of a time finding the gear ratio on this '18 sierra 4x4 SLT.  Apparently GM stopped putting RPO stickers in the vehicle, and replaced with a QR scannable barcode...I guess because the $.19 cost of the stickers couldn't be offset by a $55k+ MSRP on the truck?  So I scanned the QR code and got back an what looks like an incomplete list, don't see anything about the gear ratio (GT4, GU4, GU5, GU6, G80) because the list gets cut off with a bunch of ,,,,,.  Downloaded 5 different QR apps approved by GM for the new RPO sticker, same result. 

,2018,TK15543,09,17,06,VNHB58, AXK AY0 B3F CJ2 C5Z DL3 EF7 E63 FHO GAN H2U IO6 I18 JD9 L83 MAH MSL MYC NP5 NTB RC4 RC7 RD5 RUF UDD UQA U2K V8D WMJ Z71 Z88 4AA 4SA 6F1 7F1 8X2 9X2,636R,,,,

Someone posted a link in here that took me to a GM site with all sorts of build docs on the 2018s, found a table.  Based on my model (TK15543) and 5.3L (L83) engine, I have the following.  I'm the second column w/ 3.08, 3.42, and 3.73 listed out.  So I'm basically right where I started. 

image.thumb.png.ef4741d7788d10d83966cd26adc9ec09.png

I don't have the original sticker, so not sure how to go about getting this info other than getting a build sheet from the dealer (which I will do on Friday if needed). My truck is a texas edition, w/ trailer brake and tow button on gearshift.  Never towed anything heavy enough to care, but looking to buy a ski boat and want to have the facts.  Anyone know how to figure this out other than dealing with the dealership?

Thanks 

Edited by Stitch

Your list is not cut off. The last one is 636R, which is the paint code.

They just don't provide the gear ratio code in the list anymore. See here -> https://gm-techlink.com/?p=9801

You would need to get the full build sheet from your dealer. Or possibly from someone at GM, but good luck getting someone on the phone. There was a GM customer care account on this forum a couple years ago. They actually e-mailed my build sheet to me, but i don't think they have been active in quite a while.

I'd just call your dealer.

• 2 weeks later...

I have had the same problem few months ago.  I went to the service centre of my dealer and one of the mechanics used his account at GM Global Connect (https://www.autopartners.net/) to pull the data and print it out for me.

I have heard that GMC and Chevrolet Chat centre can send that to your email address using your car’s VIN

11 hours ago, Sierra Dan said:

Technology will be the death of us yet!  :smash:    LOL

They eliminated RPO codes in the glovebox so in a few years they can charge shops access to the “scannable” code. 

Data aint free.

On 6/7/2019 at 9:27 AM, juscuzram said:

Email your VIN to [email protected]. They'll send you a build sheet.

Unfortunately they have stopped doing this. Should still be able to get a copy from most local stealerships (assuming they are customer friendly) talk to the parts counter people about printing one off.