I've had my truck now going on 3 years this past 4th of july, ive been having issues with my USB port and 110v Plug not working tried using new cable for Apple Car Play and still no luck, i called dealership and was told i am out of warranty (of course) and have to pay $199 just for inspection ......... I Dont Think So. Does anyone else have the same issue and solution? Ive already checked fuses and all look good, might i also add that at times my screen goes DARK while the truck is on as well thanks. 

Did your warranty just expire this July?  If so, I'd phone GM customer service and see if they can help you out. A well worded, sincere plea may get you a reduced cost of repair.   If your warranty expired a year ago, I'd see what the $199 includes.  Does this cost go towards the actual repair if you let them proceed with the work?

Don't just look at the fuses, pull them, and ohm them.  I've had a few that I didn't see a break in the loop, but they ohm'd bad.  I don't understand it, but it happened on a couple rare occasions. 

I was having a similar issue, but with my DC outlets and my 110V.  Then one day, it just started working. 

Damn GREMLINS!!!! 

image.png.fb9690d636ba0f611d9e9b1235b37bb5.png

6 minutes ago, Donstar said:

Did your warranty just expire this July?  If so, I'd phone GM customer service and see if they can help you out. A well worded, sincere plea may get you a reduced cost of repair.   If your warranty expired a year ago, I'd see what the $199 includes.  Does this cost go towards the actual repair if you let them proceed with the work?

My warranty expired 5,000 miles ago :( 

7 minutes ago, Ravenkeeper said:

Don't just look at the fuses, pull them, and ohm them.  I've had a few that I didn't see a break in the loop, but they ohm'd bad.  I don't understand it, but it happened on a couple rare occasions. 

I was having a similar issue, but with my DC outlets and my 110V.  Then one day, it just started working. 

Damn GREMLINS!!!! 

image.png.fb9690d636ba0f611d9e9b1235b37bb5.png

I’ll be sure to replace the fuses and see if it works, thanks for the info guys. 

Two things to try.

First find your HMI and reseat ALL of the connectors on it. The HMI is behind and above the glove box. Second find your radio module and reseat the connectors there. This module is below and behind the screen.

This will not address the 110v outlet issue but let's worry about till after the other issues are resolved. It's best to concentrate on one issue first.

2 hours ago, rusty503 said:

Two things to try.

First find your HMI and reseat ALL of the connectors on it. The HMI is behind and above the glove box. Second find your radio module and reseat the connectors there. This module is below and behind the screen.

This will not address the 110v outlet issue but let's worry about till after the other issues are resolved. It's best to concentrate on one issue first.

Battery disconnected right? Or just not have the key in ignition?

On 7/9/2019 at 11:02 PM, rusty503 said:

Two things to try.

+1 on checking the HMI first, especially since you are having intermittent screen blackouts...HMI controls the screen, usbs, SD card slot, bluetooth, and speech functions.