Post your T1 wheel/tire setup

I went with some Walker Evans Bead locks on some bfgs. I have no rub, spacers, she clears brake calipers but just by a hair.

17x9 walker evans racing forged bead lock with some special engraving.

315,70,17 BFG ko2

CST lift at about 2 inch

20200710_172749.jpg

Edited by Fermy
Forgot brake clearance part
  • Like 2

I went with some Walker Evans Bead locks on some bfgs. I have no rub, spacers, she clears brake calipers but just by a hair.

17x9 walker evans racing forged bead lock with some special engraving.

315,70,17 BFG ko2

CST lift at about 2 inch

20200710_172749.thumb.jpg.b9ae487a2d0393bf868cad9a2cc5dd58.jpg

Looks sick man. Always a fan of more tire less rim. Been running that same tire for a little over year on my truck and the wife’s Yukon. 0 problems and they’re wearing very nicely. Super quiet and ride very good being a C rated tire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18X9 Fuel Maverick w/ 33X11.5 Nitto Terra Grapplers

Readylift +2 SST lift

No rubbing at all, I have a set of 35" Ridge Grapplers I may try on but I'm pretty sure they won't fit without a lot of trimming.

IMG_0925.jpg

7 hours ago, BassNBrew said:

18X9 Fuel Maverick w/ 33X11.5 Nitto Terra Grapplers

Readylift +2 SST lift

No rubbing at all, I have a set of 35" Ridge Grapplers I may try on but I'm pretty sure they won't fit without a lot of trimming.

IMG_0925.jpg

I would love to know if the 35s fit. I see people that say they do. I am ready to place an order for new tires and wheels but unsure what I can stuff in there. 

I need some help from the group. I’m ready to pull the trigger on new tires and wheels. I have an AT4 with a 2” Readylift level on it. I would like to go with 35s with 20x10-25. Does anyone have this setup?  I talked to Custom Offsets and they thought they would work if I trimmed the mud flaps. But I would like to hear from the experts here.  Also if someone has this setup where did they rub?  I do have a FabFour bumper so I have extra clearance in the front. 

1FBDC8C8-436D-41B5-A66F-DC164E6BE814.jpeg

I had Toyo Open Country AT3's installed about an hour ago.  Already much better than the OEM Michelins.  I wanted to keep the stock 18's (budget) and stock 265/65/18 size but wanted more aggressive looking tires that were not too loud, handled better in turns and were good in snow and on dry.  I don't do much off-roading but I had used K02's on my previous Jeeps.  Decided to try something new with the Toyos (they were 10 lbs lighter).  So far I'm impressed (only put about 20 miles on them).  Improved the look and driving dynamics quite a bit.  The ride is a little more firm and less "bouncy" which I like.  Just overall more composed.  If you're in the market, I recommend checking them out.

IMG_0079.jpeg

Edited by Mike Borowski
  • Like 2

On 7/31/2020 at 10:33 PM, TXguy said:

I need some help from the group. I’m ready to pull the trigger on new tires and wheels. I have an AT4 with a 2” Readylift level on it. I would like to go with 35s with 20x10-25. Does anyone have this setup?  I talked to Custom Offsets and they thought they would work if I trimmed the mud flaps. But I would like to hear from the experts here.  Also if someone has this setup where did they rub?  I do have a FabFour bumper so I have extra clearance in the front. 

I'll be glad to share some feedback on some of the builds we've done. Ok so even with the 2" Readlift on top of the factory lift our customers have experienced some decent rubbing when running 35"s with 10" wide wheels and negative offsets. You'll need to trim some plastics (see below) and also from the feedback I've gathered some metal as well. Regretfully we have done one locally they have all been out of state customers so I don't have images of the metal trimming required. I have heard from some customer that with the 20x10 -18 they got away with the below trimming only but I can't confirm that.

Today we're test fitting 35" tires on 20x9 wheels with your exact same lift feel free to email me at admin(@)wheelsasap.com if you like and I'll share my finding with you. After that test fit I'd have a better idea of any challenges you'll be facing.

Trimming guide: https://wheelsasap.com/gmc-at4-oversized-tire-trimming-guide/