GMC Sierra 2016 5.3 v8 Viscosity Grade

Hi guys I have a question about the Viscosity Grade that I can use on my 2016 GMC Sierra 5.3 engine, the recommended oil viscosity is 0w20 but I live in an extremely hot country (I'm talking 130-140 degrees) and I’m not sure if this is the best oil for my truck or not it has around 100k miles now and I’m thinking that its time to change it to 5w30 but the owners manual recommends 0w20 so I’m not sure if I can change to 5w30 or not. 

Hi guys I have a question about the Viscosity Grade that I can use on my 2016 GMC Sierra 5.3 engine, the recommended oil viscosity is 0w20 but I live in an extremely hot country (I'm talking 130-140 degrees) and I’m not sure if this is the best oil for my truck or not it has around 100k miles now and I’m thinking that its time to change it to 5w30 but the owners manual recommends 0w20 so I’m not sure if I can change to 5w30 or not. 

Totally understand your concern, these engines are not gapped larger internally like the previous models, requiring thinner oil for the tighter tolerances. I’d highly recommend AMSOIL Signature Series 0W-20, best protection money can buy. Preferred customer get each quart for $10 with free shipping over $100.

It’s real 100% synthetic oil, not that BS misleading Full Synthetic garbage. Mobil1 Full Synthetic Annual is $9 plus per quart, it’s a no brainer.

c58dd7c4048533d25eaea13d88938e26.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

Thanks guys I’ll check with Amsoil’s dealer in my city if he has this kind of oil or I’ll order it from the website, I don’t live in the states so its a bit expensive to ship stuff from the state to here but we’ll see.
thank toy and I really appreciate the help 

It’s $13 per quart on the website without membership
It’s $10 per quart on the website being a member with FREE shipping over $100 purchase.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk