Trailer rear camera - 5th Wheels

• 1 year later...
On 3/15/2020 at 7:59 PM, Cool J said:

I am posting the following link to another section of this forum for moving the bumper plug with video plugs to the bed location.

https://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/235530-help-w-relocating-camera-port-from-bumper-to-bed-for-5th-wheel/?do=findComment&comment=2388376

How did you get the invisible camera function to work? What measurements did you  put into the trailer setup. My camera does not provide a seamless picture like yours does. It seems like my camera is waayyy more :fish-eyed and there is a huge discrepancy between it and the side-view cameras.

I have the connector moved to the truck box and the 5th wheel wire for the rear camera just above my rear window. For the life of me I cannot access the trailer measurement screen. Do I have to have the trailer connected? is it in the profile? Dealer was no help. I saw it originally before I put the camera on but cant find it now. Need help. BTW for those with 5th wheels, I ran cable along rail all the way to front of camper to the propane storage area. Drilled a hole to get to the front storage and ran the cable between the frame and skin to the pin box, Sorry no pics as the trailer is covered and in storage for the winter. 

On 1/13/2022 at 8:10 PM, Kevin B said:

How did you get the invisible camera function to work? What measurements did you  put into the trailer setup. My camera does not provide a seamless picture like yours does. It seems like my camera is waayyy more :fish-eyed and there is a huge discrepancy between it and the side-view cameras.

If you can post pictures of your image and where you mounted the camera on trailer, we can try to help.

#iworkforGM

On 3/25/2020 at 11:24 AM, Morgan Swisher said:

I've been looking for an extension from the connector under the bed, I take my tailgate off for my RV and that makes the camera system unusable. Buying the factory extension that plugs into the rear dual sockets won't help as I need to use the pickup after I reach my destination and remove the RV. I bought an aftermarket camera that will plug in to that under bed connection, but it requires me to craw back under the pickup each time. I need a 3 or 4 foot extension Male to Female coax that when I remove the tailgate, I can route it through the opening at the license plate area, and then hook up the aftermarket camera. I could also easily unplug when going to a store or after I launch my boat. Has anyone come across a part like this? It can even be longer.

Morgan

dealers can delete that option ....but it is customer pay  to prog system to ignore tailgate camera