2500 crew 4x4, 6.0, 35” Tires what is normal MPG?

On 12/29/2019 at 5:53 PM, i82much said:

i have a snugtop hi liner, stock tires.  i get 13 highway.  i would have guessed maybe 10 with 35’s, a lift, and the extra weight.  

Perfect, thanks!

• 2 months later...

The 6.0's don't get great mileage as it is, add in the 35's, lift, weight, and camper shell it's bound to go down... way down I would imagine. 

8 mpg sounds about right to me considering the mods. If you know someone or somewhere to do a custom tune you might be able to gain some of that back along with a little extra power.

• 4 weeks later...

redwnger just trying to help, he helps lot of people with info that would take quite a bit of time to dig up.....take it easy, and its absolutely normal for lifts and big tires to suck the life out mpg....and you stated you drive with heavy foot

Completely stock 2015 2500 HD 6.0  -  14 mpg on my normal commute  65 - 70 mph highway. Last weekend pulling 13K 5th wheel - 65 mph getting 7 - 7.5 mpg.

I am currently talking with Black Bear about a tune but it will require 91 octane for best power results.. They say maybe 1-2 mpg better.

Nearly leveled, and running 34x11.50's, I"m averaging 12-13 mpg empty in rural highway driving, according to the DIC. Towing is single digits. Computer is not calibrated for the larger tires, so reality is slightly better. You should be above 10 mpg empty, even with the lift and 35's.