If you are asking this for purely information purposes, i do not believe there is any discernible difference or if there is, it is minute. If you are asking this as a reason to give your wife for spending several hundred more dollars on your truck, it will pay for itself in six months with all the savings and just might even save the planet!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 6
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, TexasBB said:

If you are asking this for purely information purposes, i do not believe there is any discernible difference or if there is, it is minute. If you are asking this as a reason to give your wife for spending several hundred more dollars on your truck, it will pay for itself in six months with all the savings and just might even save the planet!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now that there is darn good humor......   

....and it works, don't ask me how I know. ?

Edited by BigMick2020
  • Like 1

In short: Better to have tailgate installed and closed. Running boards, front air damn, tonneau cover aid in better aerodynamics and increased fuel economy.

https://gmauthority.com/blog/2013/05/2014-gmc-sierra-single-cab-photographed-in-gm-wind-tunnel/

https://www.torquenews.com/397/gmc-busts-top-4-myths-truck-aerodynamics

All that said, I didn’t notice a difference when adding tonneau cover.