I have owned many GMC trucks so I have delt with the radio issues in the past but this one is driving me crazy. Only when apple car play is active and connected to my phone the radio screen will go black and will reboot at random times. Today when I made a phone call, 30 seconds into the call it goes dead, about 20 seconds later it reboots and phone call is still there.  My cluster is not affected, I have changed phone cords. Using iPhone 11 Pro Max with latest update.  Any help would be appreciated. Thank you 

• 2 weeks later...

Did you get the latest update done? go to your dealer and ask about it

the truck will/should download these automatically if you connect the system to a secured wifi network.

My truck updated last week, however, I can report that the update didn't fix any of the problems.

15 hours ago, DanPFW said:

the truck will/should download these automatically if you connect the system to a secured wifi network.

My truck updated last week, however, I can report that the update didn't fix any of the problems.

yes, and you can also have it done at the dealer.  There has been so many updates they dont do much, just a flaky infotainment system if you ask me. 

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 4/14/2020 at 11:10 PM, Antoine Bohannon said:

To the OP, did you ever get this resolved? I have the same issue on a 2019 Silverado LTZ. I had the display replace and the radio replaced but I am still experiencing this issue. It’s driving me crazy. 

Hey, Antoine. Were you able to have your concerns resolved? If not, we are more than happy to reach out to the dealership on your behalf. To do so, please send an email to [email protected] ATTN: Antoine Bohannon/GM Trucks with your contact information, VIN, brief description of your concern,  and preferred dealership. We look forward to hearing from you. To learn more about GM's privacy policy, please visit http://bit.ly/2h3ZUnC. 

Aleigha W. 

• 4 weeks later...

My new truck does this.  How do we know what update we have, what update is available and how do we update ourselves?   I thought it might be a cable issue or perhaps a problem with the way the case flap hits the plug.  Interesting to see someone else having the exact same issue.

• 3 weeks later...

I just bought a 2020 Silverado and I am experiencing the same problem. Only when connected to CarPlay, random times during my drives the radio will go black and reset itself. Truck is currently at the dealer and they don’t know what the problem is

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have a 19 Canyon and the radio will reboot about 3-4 times a week. So far it only does it on the first drive of the day, about 1-2 minutes after leaving the house. It will be playing music from my usb drive, the screen will go black and the music stops, it reboots, then starts playing a radio station, and then plays music from the usb drive at the same time as the radio.  Sometimes when it reboots it says no GPS (and no temp), other times the GPS works. Not using Apple CarPlay or Android.  Took it to the dealer but they couldn't duplicate the problem, so no answers.....

Edited by KOsowski

• 2 weeks later...

Mine has been doing it too - 2020 Sliverado Custom.

Was at the dealer for my oil change yesterday so had them look at this. They hadn't seen it before and weren't able to reproduce the problem. They reseeded the connections. Anyone have any luck yet?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I am have the same issue with my 2020 Silverado Custom. The dealership doesn’t know what the problem is. They have replaced my radio and I’m still having the problem. I am getting so pissed that there is no fixed for this problem. I hope GM comes out with a fix for this and I’m glad I’m not the only one with this problem.