Sierra 1500 Fuel Injector Replacement

My 2017 sierra 1500 5.3 V8 threw p0500 and p050d. Took truck into service and mechanic recommend replacement of all 8 fuel injectors. Every cylinder reported a history of both codes. With policy calculator, job was quoted at 1,200. Mechanic explained that injectors could be one of three potential part numbers but they could not know until they did the disassembly. One possible part number is on a 3 month back order. How is it possible they do not know the part number before the tear down??

Edited by GMCcmc

I thought that was just for the 6.2s I gave the dealer my VIN and they sent me the right injectors I too have a 5.3. Worst case just pop the intake off and see if you can read the part number without pulling the fuel rail. The intake comes off in under 30 min. I had to do my bank 2 injectors twice due to the compression seals getting damaged from carbon build up in the head. I would recommend running a nylon or brass brush in the holes prior to installing the new injectors. Do not use any type of lube on the injectors as it will damage the seals and make sure to tighten the rail down evenly. You'll need 8 injectors, 8 intake seals and the 3 HP fuel lines for the job.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk