Plasti Dipped badges on 2019/2020 Silverado 1500

Just plasti dipped my badges on 2020 Silverado RST 1500. 5 coats of matte black and 1 coat of glossifier. Waited 15-20 min between coats. Super simple to do. Let me know if you have any questions. BTW the tailgate Chevrolet lettering is BD Trims domed letter inserts, black with red outline. 

44AC5C7D-344D-40EE-9649-A6D07C6A93B9.jpeg

B27379E4-8CBE-4115-950B-344B4552134C.jpeg

8DB1262F-BDF2-417D-AD11-42056F48E476.jpeg

• Like 2

These look cool but I'm always worried about removal without damaging things and then correctly putting it back on so it won't fall off.

Are you buying new badges with proper adhesive or somehow installing your own adhesive on afterwards?

I was looking up videos of people doing this and most just sprayed the emblems directly on the car. Scares the ****** out of me though! It looks like it just pulls off the paint rather than having to debadge and everything

I did not remove the lettering I masked the area around the badge off. You want to leave about 1/2-1” around badge and spray plasti dip on entire area with light coats of matte black (I did 5 coats with about 15-20 min of dry time between coats). Then I applied one coat of plasti dip glossifier to add a slight shine. After waiting about 30 min after last coat you remove masking and plasti dip peels off around badge. You will need a tooth pick to get in the tight areas between letters. Here is a video of someone doing this on their Mercedes. I used it as reference. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, migrabill said:

I went this route on the tailgate letters. Domed high-end adhesive stickers that go over top of existing. No scary painting involved.

RWBmod.jpg

Looks great! Those domed adhesives are amazing!! Great fitment on my Chevrolet lettering on tailgate. Here’s a link to BD Trims website: https://www.bdtrims.com/Tailgate-Plastic-Letters-Inserts-for-2019-Chevrolet-Silverado-Models

1 hour ago, Blake Guiles said:

I was looking up videos of people doing this and most just sprayed the emblems directly on the car. Scares the ****** out of me though! It looks like it just pulls off the paint rather than having to debadge and everything

Works amazing! No need to worry. Check my post below on how to do it. 

16 hours ago, ArTurf said:

Nice. What product did you use to dip them in? How much trouble was it to get them off?

I used plasti dip. 5 coats of matte black and one coat of plasti dip glossifier. Check my post below on how to do it. 

16 hours ago, ArTurf said:

Nice. What product did you use to dip them in? How much trouble was it to get them off?

Did not take them off. I used plasti dip. I posted the procedure on this thread with a video I s used for reference. It was simple and worked great. The tailgate large lettering are adhesives from BD Trims. The small badging that says Silverado and RST is plasti dipped. 

4 hours ago, Maverick0984 said:

These look cool but I'm always worried about removal without damaging things and then correctly putting it back on so it won't fall off.

Are you buying new badges with proper adhesive or somehow installing your own adhesive on afterwards?

Did not take them off. I used plasti dip. I posted the procedure on this thread with a video I s used for reference. It was simple and worked great. The tailgate large lettering are adhesives from BD Trims. The small badging that says Silverado and RST is plasti dipped.  

1 hour ago, RST Mike said:

Looks great! Those domed adhesives are amazing!! Great fitment on my Chevrolet lettering on tailgate. Here’s a link to BD Trims website: https://www.bdtrims.com/Tailgate-Plastic-Letters-Inserts-for-2019-Chevrolet-Silverado-Models

1 hour ago, RST Mike said:

Also Thank You for your service Maverick0984!! 

Oh. I didn't realize it was a spray can still. Name is a little misleading. Thought something got dipped. Whoops.

1 minute ago, Maverick0984 said:
3 hours ago, RST Mike said:

Oh. I didn't realize it was a spray can still. Name is a little misleading. Thought something got dipped. Whoops.

I see. The product is called Plasti Dip that I sprayed on. 

FC280271-EF98-44DD-9BCB-025FEE5D655E.jpeg

• 3 months later...

I’m about to do the same with my badging. Plasti-dip is super easy to use, it can look cheap when used in wrong situations but for badging it works very well. Keep the spray area small, make sure to put enough coats on though or you will have a b**** of a time trying to peel it up. It holds up well in cold weather and snow, so if you live somewhere hot will be even easier to maintain.