Hello,

I just recently got some additional lights to put on my offroad bumper, and don't know where exactly to put the switch or how to integrate it into my dash. I just need to be able to add two sitches. I was thinking of trying to put them near the parking brake, or on the instrument panel. The instrument panel already has two spots not being used but they don't press down. Any tips or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Purchased from dealer, they installed them too. It’s not too hard to install yourself if you are at all mechanically inclined. Good instructions on the upfitter website. And a thread somewhere on here of someone who did the install. 

1 minute ago, 2k19Sierra said:

Purchased from dealer, they installed them too. It’s not too hard to install yourself if you are at all mechanically inclined. Good instructions on the upfitter website. And a thread somewhere on here of someone who did the install. 

Ok, I had planned on going to the dealer tomorrow to ask about them anyhow. Hopefully they know what to look for. I saw some on the gm parts website but couldn't exactly tell which one would work.

The upfitter switches are kinda ugly.

Lots of different options like a Bluetooth relay, trigger 4 plus, or blazer wiring management system for wireless installs.

Or you could go with a feniex mini 4200 which will give you switches for future lights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

10 hours ago, Jav_eee said:

The upfitter switches are kinda ugly.

Lots of different options like a Bluetooth relay, trigger 4 plus, or blazer wiring management system for wireless installs.

Or you could go with a feniex mini 4200 which will give you switches for future lights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Agreed.  Personally, I don't feel like they actually match the interior to the point where they look aftermarket.  Nowhere near as well integrated as the Ford Super-Duty ones.  

1 minute ago, MidWestAT4 said:

Agreed.  Personally, I don't feel like they actually match the interior to the point where they look aftermarket.  Nowhere near as well integrated as the Ford Super-Duty ones.  

I disagree! I think they are well integrated into the interior to the point they match whatever colour your interior is. I do think the overhead console where ford puts them is a better spot but hey, not gonna catch me driving a Ford over some switch locations! 

11 minutes ago, 2k19Sierra said:

I disagree! I think they are well integrated into the interior to the point they match whatever colour your interior is. I do think the overhead console where ford puts them is a better spot but hey, not gonna catch me driving a Ford over some switch locations! 

Not hard to color-match a bezel.  Especially a bezel that doesn't even match the interior design aesthetic.  Honestly, they look like a part that was designed for the previous generation truck that they were too lazy to refresh, though perhaps ironically those trucks actually had very well-integrated upfitter switches.  

Admittedly, I'm quite picky about such things.  

Edited by MidWestAT4

1 hour ago, MidWestAT4 said:

Not hard to color-match a bezel.  Especially a bezel that doesn't even match the interior design aesthetic.  Honestly, they look like a part that was designed for the previous generation truck that they were too lazy to refresh, though perhaps ironically those trucks actually had very well-integrated upfitter switches.  

Admittedly, I'm quite picky about such things.  

Never had a k2 So correct me if I’m wrong but couldn’t you only get the upfitter switches on those trucks if you had a Lower optioned model since the upfitter switches went below the center stack in the same spot higher optioned truck features went? 

anyways, hey whatever you like. I love how they are integrated into the left hand side dash panel. 

33974D22-F7BE-4C47-A640-37948C59293F.jpeg

59 minutes ago, 2k19Sierra said:

Never had a k2 So correct me if I’m wrong but couldn’t you only get the upfitter switches on those trucks if you had a Lower optioned model since the upfitter switches went below the center stack in the same spot higher optioned truck features went? 

anyways, hey whatever you like. I love how they are integrated into the left hand side dash panel. 

33974D22-F7BE-4C47-A640-37948C59293F.jpeg

Oh, probably, looking at that design.  I was only familiar with them because they came up in a search for the new ones.  These damn new ones just seem like such a lazy design to me. Then again, I suppose I'm not the target customer for them. 

• 5 months later...