Too many negative vibes!

Forum seems to be be full of negatives regarding our trucks. Let’s hear some good! I’m coming from a Toyota Tundra and love my March 2020 Elevation. Much more refined truck and it’s a head turner here in Boise, Idaho. 5.3 10 speed is a joy to drive. 

Edited by IdahoElevation
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3

Lots of people just come here to complain and then never return after things are resolved. I’m very happy with my ‘19. Had some troubles for the first 6-8 months but she’s dialed in now, and I bet the 2020s are even better. 

I love my Trail Boss. However, I have only had it a week and my parking brake is randomly coming on and I have a intermittent cel light. I hope they can fix it. It’s difficult because you spend a lot of money on a truck, have a problem right away, it makes me feel like I can’t trust it already

Love my truck and I'm so glad I went with the GMC 5.3 double cab non-AT4 (SLT) LOL. I kid, kind of...

spacer.png

In all seriousness these trucks are the best looking trucks on the market by a wide margin, regardless of what trim/engine/cab you have. Even the Chevy's... Cheers.

Edited by superhighsierra

I have complained on here cause of a few issues but I still love my truck and have been trouble free since the bugs were worked out. 56ccbad18e3c40709dec92a78b04666b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I agree. Seems just complaints. Some are ridiculous like the rear camera one.

It’s a shame because people might get the wrong idea about these trucks. My 2020 AT4 6.2 is a beast. Totally love it. Best daily driver I ever had. Thanks for starting this thread. Hope more people reply. 

I’ve had my 2020 Trail Boss 5.3 10-spd for nearly a month and a half without a single hiccup. Even for being the ‘small V8,’ the 5.3 is more than enough to make this truck quick. This transmission is probably the smoothest I’ve ever driven. 

Even with the knobby Trail Boss tires, the cabin is pretty quiet and has been entirely devoid of creeks or rattles. 

You are more likely to hear horror stories about the vehicle here than anywhere else because this is a site specifically for that purpose amongst others. Take it with a grain of salt, check out the owners forum for virtually any other vehicle and you’ll see much the same thing.

On top of that, some complaint I’ve read are very nit-picky...more quirks than actual flaws.

Just picked up my RST Crew with the 6.2 on Thursday...nicest truck I've ever owned. Its a dream to drive and a ton of room. Looking forward to many years with this truck.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm new here and just bought a 2020 AT4 loaded.  I've had a lot of fords and never had any complaints but was looking hard at a 19 Rams.  Liked a lot of things about them but you really want to see some issues go to Ram forum's.  They literally scared me out of it.  Crazy part is it doesn't seem like the FCA is fixing problems from 19 on new ones.  So I've been going thru these forums last few days and not nearly as bad as ram forums.  I know it was all new stuff in 19 on these trucks but I'm betting they will be quite a bit more reliable than the Ram would have been. 

I've had my 2020 RST/Z71 for almost three weeks. 6.2/10 ...600 miles. So far, so good! Love the power and precision shifting. And sport mode is the bomb! Still working on add on's. I installed the AVS hood shield. Bedrug is here and the dealer owes me a tonneau cover which is in. I ordered Luverne  running boards and they have shipped. Looking forward to getting these accessories installed. Coming from a 2015 LT2. That truck had 60k and the only issue I ever had was a dead battery. Sold it to my niece and her hubby. I hope this one is as good as that one! 

On 5/31/2020 at 9:43 PM, CamaroVetteGuy said:

I love my Trail Boss. However, I have only had it a week and my parking brake is randomly coming on and I have a intermittent cel light. I hope they can fix it. It’s difficult because you spend a lot of money on a truck, have a problem right away, it makes me feel like I can’t trust it already

The electric parking brake will test itself every once in a while to make sure everything is working properly. That may be what you're experiencing. 

On 6/1/2020 at 7:15 AM, Eagles1539 said:

19 TB custom- 5.3 6spd. 10000 miles 0 problems. Only issues were recalls but never a problem.

Same here. No issues aside from recalls. I've had my truck just over a year and 15,000 miles.