New Member - First Truck - 2020 Trail Boss

Hi guys.  Just wanted to introduce myself and share a few pictures of my new 2020 Trail Boss.  It's my first truck after a long list of cars (2019 Charger Daytona 392, 2017 Mustang GT, 2013 GT 500, 2012 CTS-V, 2012 Mustang GT, 2011 Corvette Grand Sport, 2003 350Z etc), so it's definitely new for me to be so high up.  Was able to trade in my Charger a year after buying it for the same price I paid and bought this truck before it was even delivered to the dealer.  Nearly had a heart attack because even though I had measured beforehand, it didn't seem like it was exactly going to fit into my garage haha (have maybe 3-4 inches up top).  MSRP was $56,220 and ended up paying $46,720 before taxes.  I opted for the Convenience package I & II, Leather Package, Safety Package I, Bed Protection Package, Advanced Trailering Package and the Wheel Locks.  I bought the truck Friday, on Saturday I waxed it and blacked out the emblems/exhaust tips and today I got the windows tinted.  I already have some side steps, a new antenna and black lug nuts on order from American Trucks.

IMG_6773.jpeg

972E6A7B-AAAC-48A9-9D12-7EAE89611258.JPG

DB7FFA0A-0DC9-4419-AD91-042D71381642.JPG

• Like 10

Congratulations! Nice ride! I remember when I traded my 2000 TA on my first truck. The first night I tried to take an on ramp I was used to taking at, um, illegal speeds. It almost didnt end well in the truck. Enjoy your truck!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, tinbad said:

Nice truck, congrats! Mine is exactly like yours black LT TB except for I have the longer bed. Question: how did you black out the exhaust tips? They look awesome!

Thanks! I just put painters tape around them and hit them with a few layers of plastidip. It stays on the pipes even with the heat I’ve done it on a few cars

3E4D0E6D-B8E9-42F9-80BB-41D7CD3AC504.jpeg

• Like 1

Good thing you got the Z71... I learned later the non-Z71s don't have two-speed transfer case! It's gotten me out of awkward situations a few times, whew!

On 7/13/2020 at 3:31 AM, TrailBoss727 said:

Thanks! I just put painters tape around them and hit them with a few layers of plastidip. It stays on the pipes even with the heat I’ve done it on a few cars

3E4D0E6D-B8E9-42F9-80BB-41D7CD3AC504.jpeg

Awesome thanks. Good to know it stays on. Will be adding to my todo mods! Any chance you can share what brand/type plastidip?

Edited by tinbad

Hey dude. Sweet ride man!!

I picked up my first new truck recently, 2020 Custom TB and like what ya did with the tint, exactly what I'm looking for!

I've never got window tint done before. What would I be asking for at the glass shop regarding tint levels or darkness or whatever for your front and rear glass?

Thanks

20 hours ago, Christopher Eddy said:

Hey dude. Sweet ride man!!

I picked up my first new truck recently, 2020 Custom TB and like what ya did with the tint, exactly what I'm looking for!

I've never got window tint done before. What would I be asking for at the glass shop regarding tint levels or darkness or whatever for your front and rear glass?

Thanks

just had my driver/psngr windows done in ceramic 20%....my rears from factory are 35%

the police sometimes pull peeps over here still so i went hair softer....almost looks same but you can tell its bit lighter, it does kill the heat better....$100 cash for both sides