Bilstein 5100s are a HUGE upgrade!

8 hours ago, Ronjon said:

But you're saying there was more height to be had from them? Compared to the non TB version 5100? I've got the 3.0 Duramax and need 4" of lift to sit at 3.5" due to engine weight. I'm pretty good at replacing CV's after owning an H3... 😅

There is enough suspension geometry built into the front end to level out a Trail Boss. GM anticipated people doing this. The only parts you would need are the TB CV axles (they are different than stock cv's) and the Bilstein 5100's for the TB. So yeah, 3.5" of front lift for you is just like leveling a TB.

-------

Edited by diamondd2
  • Like 1

On 2/28/2022 at 5:45 PM, Mike Borowski said:

If anyone is curious this is what an RST looks like with 5100’s set to 1”. The rear is about 24” from center cap to fender and front about 23.25”. 

Really happy with the 5100’s. Ride quality is much more stable, handling is tighter, no nose dive when braking, it looks better and I’m ready for bigger tires and new wheels soon. 

DEF40BA3-5B21-42DC-B1EF-BA560878E387.jpeg

mike. appreciate this. Just got my 5100s in was bouncing between settings. Im weird that i like some rake. Based off yours and others going to set it to 1"

6 minutes ago, Russ757 said:

mike. appreciate this. Just got my 5100s in was bouncing between settings. Im weird that i like some rake. Based off yours and others going to set it to 1"

No problem!  I’m still loving my 5100’s with 1” in the front!  I too like a little rake!

Edited by Mike Borowski

• 11 months later...

I already have a 2" level on my 2022.5 RST Z71 with the 6.2L with the factory Ranchos, which are shot.

Has anyone used the Bilstein 24-293297 front shocks and set them at the stock height, and kept the level spacer in? I don't want to lose my level, and with the 6.2L, the shocks don't give the 2" level I currently have.

Or will the Trailboss version (24-309509) on the highest setting get me the 2" of level without the leveling spacers?

I believe the TB struts give you a bit less than 2” since you have the 6.2L. Might want to verify that with Bilstein. 

I used the -509 TB struts on mine set at TB ride height but I have the 5.3. If they won’t sit at 2” with the 6.2L you may want to go higher in order to get a true 2”.