Best Time of Year to Buy GM/Chev

GM will compete with Ford. They usually hold sales promotions around that time, too. Imo, it depends on what you're trying to do. GM tends to start transitioning too the next model year in the last summer and fall. They'll hold sales to clear out old inventory. This is particularly true when a vehicle is updated, like the 2022 Silverado will be. Down side is you're restricted to available stock and can't custom order something.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

In the past I always ordered a new truck in June so it would arrive in about September. It was basically a year old and the next model year was on its way about the same time so the rebates are the biggest at that time. But that was before all the issues that covid is causing so I don’t know if that would work this year. 
If you aren't picky you can also pick up a leftover truck for a smoking deal sometimes if it is one of the last ones left. 

I think the absolute very best time is end of year in December. 

Yes there are good sales for 4th of July or Black Friday or even memorial day but IMO December is when they are most aggressive in trying to sell. 

Every month there is a new pricing gimmick, which is always too good to pass up if you talk to salesmen at a stealership.

But at the end of the day the price doesn't vary by that much. Find a volume dealer or shop late in the model year if you want the best price. If selecting every option you want is important, including color, you will pay a bit more.

The best way I believe to find a deal is to know exactly what you want and shop around, being patient until you find the right one. High pressure sales tactics want to create urgency so you don't have time to compare and realize you can do better.

Basically don't believe anything that comes out of the mouth of a salesman, do all your own research and find the deal that makes you happy.

Can you tell I don't like salesmen?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mafd2 said:

Varies from month to month, dealer to dealer, dealer discount with holdback and your region. I didn't see any great pricing in December. I got 11k off in March.

Same. Got 20% off MSRP on my 2019 RST in March 2019. 

5 hours ago, aseibel said:

The best way I believe to find a deal is to know exactly what you want and shop around, being patient until you find the right one. High pressure sales tactics want to create urgency so you don't have time to compare and realize you can do better.

💯 

11 minutes ago, newdude said:

Next year when there is actually inventory on the ground.  

HA! This is truth right now. 

• Like 1

Local dealer got (4) 1500's and (1) 2500 in yesterday. Doubled their inventory of both models with that shipment. Pickings are slim and so are discounts. 

What do you want, how long are you willing to wait to get it, and how much is your time worth ?

Some people enjoy the buying "experience". I for one don't. I do my research, call my salesman friend of 35 years, tell him what I am looking for and what I am willing to spend. I have gone so far as to locate vehicles for us to price out. With this last one I was in and out of the dealership in less than an hour. The only thing this truck does not have that I wanted is a full center console. In the next year or so I'll find one and install it.

Get a little older, get a cancer diagnosis, then think again what time is really worth. I'll be damned if I am going to waste time haggling over a couple of thousand dollars.

10 minutes ago, Enough said:

Local dealer got (4) 1500's and (1) 2500 in yesterday. Doubled their inventory of both models with that shipment. Pickings are slim and so are discounts. 

What do you want, how long are you willing to wait to get it, and how much is your time worth ?

Some people enjoy the buying "experience". I for one don't. I do my research, call my salesman friend of 35 years, tell him what I am looking for and what I am willing to spend. I have gone so far as to locate vehicles for us to price out. With this last one I was in and out of the dealership in less than an hour. The only thing this truck does not have that I wanted is a full center console. In the next year or so I'll find one and install it.

Get a little older, get a cancer diagnosis, then think again what time is really worth. I'll be damned if I am going to waste time haggling over a couple of thousand dollars.

Best wishes to you Mate....May you get healthy and kick the Cancer.