Bilstein 6112 Suspension Leveling Kit - 1500 AT4

Ok, thought I would post after having the Bilstein 6112 front suspension kit placed on my 2021 1500 AT4 today. I've ordered the 5100's for the back, however they won't be in until next week. So, my goal was to get rid of the dang bounce in the truck. The ride wasn't bad, but I thought I would try the 6112's. Immediately I could tell that the truck definitely sits close to level, which I'm ok with a slight rake and I mean slight. I purposely hit a few bumps and the trucks feels more planted or stiffer. It still has a slight bounce, however you can tell the difference and I'm very satisfied. I can't wait until I get the rear Bilstein's installed, as that is where I feel it is most needed. 

If you are on the fence about the 6112's, get them fast. They were on backorder, so I jumped on them when they were in stock. 

I'll have to take pics later. Model# is BSN-47-309524

• Like 2

The 6112's are pretty good I had them on my 2016 along with the 5160's out back. I didn't realize how good they were until I got my 2021 AT4. the suspension is so soft yet I feel like it bounces over speed bumps. there's  more noticeable body roll and it dives when you break hard. needles to say I am not happy with the Ranchos. what engine do you have? I noticed Bilstein has the 6112 for the 6.2/5.3 but not the 3.0 like I have. I'm wondering what the weight difference in the engines is. I hope they make them available soon. Congrats on your new 6112's you'll love them more with the 51000's installed!

• Like 1

Went the same route with mine as you are. I went with the 5100's last summer after driving it some after purchase and felt the back end didn't feel real planted at times and really didn't care for that. Really noticed the difference after change out to the 5100's so they were well worth it. Was on the fence on what I wanted to do with front if anything but the more miles I put on I could feel the front not responding as well and decided to go with the 6112 setup at 10000 miles on the stock stuff.  Picked them up through Summit Racing(p#47-309524) late this spring and installed myself, #1 setting and was within 1/4" of what the stock height was with the factory Rancho's. Noticed it was a bit better at first but more I drove it they were really more noticeable better especially on the rougher roads pushing it abit, these are worth it for the front. Nice combo with both sets on there now, and hopefully are for long term vs. the factory ones

'20 AT/4 3.0l

-Grover67 

Edited by Grover67

21 hours ago, Grover67 said:

Went the same route with mine as you are. I went with the 5100's last summer after driving it some after purchase and felt the back end didn't feel real planted at times and really didn't care for that. Really noticed the difference after change out to the 5100's so they were well worth it. Was on the fence on what I wanted to do with front if anything but the more miles I put on I could feel the front not responding as well and decided to go with the 6112 setup at 10000 miles on the stock stuff.  Picked them up through Summit Racing(p#47-309524) late this spring and installed myself, #1 setting and was within 1/4" of what the stock height was with the factory Rancho's. Noticed it was a bit better at first but more I drove it they were really more noticeable better especially on the rougher roads pushing it abit, these are worth it for the front. Nice combo with both sets on there now, and hopefully are for long term vs. the factory ones

'20 AT/4 3.0l

-Grover67 

I see you have a 3.0L too. Any issues with the 6112's? According to Bilstein they don't offer the 6112's for the 3.0 I'm guessing because of the difference in weight of the engine? I'd love the 6112's back in my life lol

1 hour ago, novarox71 said:

I see you have a 3.0L too. Any issues with the 6112's? According to Bilstein they don't offer the 6112's for the 3.0 I'm guessing because of the difference in weight of the engine? I'd love the 6112's back in my life lol

Contacted them and that is what they told me to use with my 3.0l. Located a set from Summit Racing.  No issues with them and like I mentioned about the same height as the factory setup on #1, wasn't looking to level it.  

I was going to use the 5100's in the front with the stock springs but figured why not go for complete setup with a more robust shock as I had to pull everything apart to do it anyway, so far no regrets

Go for it if you want them back in your life!!😉

-Grover67

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/29/2021 at 3:23 PM, Grover67 said:

Contacted them and that is what they told me to use with my 3.0l. Located a set from Summit Racing.  No issues with them and like I mentioned about the same height as the factory setup on #1, wasn't looking to level it.  

I was going to use the 5100's in the front with the stock springs but figured why not go for complete setup with a more robust shock as I had to pull everything apart to do it anyway, so far no regrets

Go for it if you want them back in your life!!😉

-Grover67

Do you happen to have the part numbers that you ordered at Summit Racing? edit: nvm I'm an idiot and didn't read your first post all the way through where you listed them. My bad.

I was just on their site and none of the ones available say they are for my truck. 2021 1500 RST 3.0l 4wd. 

Any help would be appreciated.  The front suspension on my truck is a little soft for my liking...my Tundra had 5100's and those were solid. Thanks in advance.

Edited by speedjunky78
  • Like 1

Might talk to them to see or check some of the other places but they have been on backorder from what I understand. I just happen to hit Summit Racing at the right time when they a few sets left. Those parts were for the AT4/Trailboss version and won't work unless you are lifting yours.

-Grover67

On 7/28/2021 at 12:17 PM, novarox71 said:

The 6112's are pretty good I had them on my 2016 along with the 5160's out back. I didn't realize how good they were until I got my 2021 AT4. the suspension is so soft yet I feel like it bounces over speed bumps. there's  more noticeable body roll and it dives when you break hard. needles to say I am not happy with the Ranchos. what engine do you have? I noticed Bilstein has the 6112 for the 6.2/5.3 but not the 3.0 like I have. I'm wondering what the weight difference in the engines is. I hope they make them available soon. Congrats on your new 6112's you'll love them more with the 51000's installed!

Sorry, didn't see this message, but I have the 5.3L. 

So the 6112 is only for the lifted trucks? My 2021 SLT is stock ride height. I hit a bump in the road and am still bouncing up and down a mile later. Like I have no shocks at all. Driving me nuts. The 6112 is the better option for that vs the 5100's? I've used 5100's many times before on other vehicles and was happy.

6112 just a bit more beefy so would handle offroad better and resi on rear would last a little longer from heat.....just depends.......if that fits the bill better than yeah for the money,  6112 is great option, not alot of competition in this category.....kind of a in betweener suspension system....maybe fox 2.0 competes (?)..... next step up is 2.5s from the big boys

On 8/24/2021 at 7:51 AM, UNSTUCK said:

So the 6112 is only for the lifted trucks? My 2021 SLT is stock ride height. I hit a bump in the road and am still bouncing up and down a mile later. Like I have no shocks at all. Driving me nuts. The 6112 is the better option for that vs the 5100's? I've used 5100's many times before on other vehicles and was happy.

its adjustable....

not sure the height range of 6112 but its easy to find......if you want it taller just get ones made for AT4.....give an extra 2'' plus whatever is adjustable......6112 is the beefier unit so would have resist bottoming better, also idk but they may be revalveable as well......thats huge plus if they are and have a tuner who knows what he is doing,