2011 Silverado 1500 5.3 HELP!!

Hello!

I have taken my truck to a couple shops but no one can seem to find what wrong with it.

When I come to a stop, my truck acts like it wants to stall out. It doesn't happen all the time but it is becoming more frequent. When stopping, the rpms die, all my gauges drop to zero and all my warning lights flash at me and turn back off. I don't have a check engine light on and when my truck is scanned, there are no codes that come up. 

I have been told that it is possibly bad torque converter solenoids but I have a weird feeling that I might have some electrical gremlins somewhere. 

There have been times where I am driving down the road and I go to make sure my windows are rolled up and the gauges due while rolling and my electrics cut out for a second and come back on. 

There was also once where a truck pulled out down the road from me so I applied the brake to give them room and my truck downshifted hard and jumped to 3500 rpm and felt incredibly sluggish to get back on gas and up to speed.

Any help or any direction to a fix is greatly appreciated. Please help me find out what's wrong with my truck! Thank you!

Edited by Alex Warner

• Alex Warner changed the title to 2011 Silverado 1500 5.3 HELP!!

When crazy electrical s - -t goes on with a vehicle always suspect/search for bad grounds. The Avalanche has a reputation for ground problems. There are diagrams of ground locations available through an Internet search.

You're fuel problem sounds like a fuel filter/pump issue,my '06 fuel pump is in the as tank; I imagine yours is too. Go to auto zone or other that has a tool rental program, rent a fuel pump pressure gauge and see what your pump is doing. You can prolly find the procedure on the internet too.

Check every electrical plug you can find for (get some dielectric grease and apply it to the terminals, it can't hurt anything and it'll keep any water out) corrosion, correctly plugged in, etc.

I would advise you to make sure you got adequate braking capability; when you get a bigger engine all the loads change, without the same brake setup from the bigger truck (I realize they are both 1500s but the truck with the larger engine prolly has a higher payload and tow capability), the heavier engine and trans, plus the larger load you'll be towing... just sayin'....