On 11/5/2021 at 11:04 AM, Carter Bouslaugh said:

A question here.

I put my winter tires and wheels fromy 2019 Silverado 2500HD onto my new 2021 Silverado 3500HD  and the truck will not read the TPMS sensors. The tire shop said the dealer needs to reprogram the sensors to the new truck. Took it to the dealer and they say that this cannot be done even though the TPMS part numbers are identical between the years and that I need to buy new sensors for the new truck. Any help would be appreciated as this makes no srnse to me! Thanks in advance.

Looks like I found the issue. Had another tire shop dismount one tire and check the TPMS, its part #84961888. The shop ran the number and both that one and my 2021 part number are listed as correct for the 2019 Silverado. Seems with the body style change in 2019, (1500's got new body while 2500's and 3500's kept old body), both numbers were used interchangably. But the 84961888 will not work with 2020 and up even though both are 433mhz and both work in the 2019. The Tirerama shop has ordered me the new sensors and will be here Wednesday. Another couple hundred bucks gone.

On 11/5/2021 at 1:04 PM, Carter Bouslaugh said:

A question here.

I put my winter tires and wheels fromy 2019 Silverado 2500HD onto my new 2021 Silverado 3500HD  and the truck will not read the TPMS sensors. The tire shop said the dealer needs to reprogram the sensors to the new truck. Took it to the dealer and they say that this cannot be done even though the TPMS part numbers are identical between the years and that I need to buy new sensors for the new truck. Any help would be appreciated as this makes no srnse to me! Thanks in advance.

This is certainly not what we like to hear, Carter. Our team would be more than happy to take a closer look into the concerns with the TPMS sensors and your new Silverado. To do so, please send an email to [email protected] with ATTN: Carter Bouslaugh/GM Trucks in the subject line. Please include your contact information, VIN, a brief description of your concern, and the name of your preferred dealership. We look forward to hearing from you. To learn more about GM’s privacy policy, please visit https://www.gm.com/privacy-statement.html.

16 hours ago, redwngr said:

Yupp -- and newdude is trying to get the OP to verify that the part number/frequency for both sets of sensors.

Some part listings show multiple part numbers for the years in question. 

Verifying what they are may help determine the solution -- and determine if the dealer is correct that new sensors are needed.

No matter what tool is available, if the frequency of the sensors does not match the frequency of the vehicle they will not be able to be paired.

Of course, this is why many tire shops use dual frequency sensors.

Slightly higher sensor cost, but then it doesn't matter what the vehicle frequency is.  Great convenience to the tire shop.

That's why I asked for his old VIN. OP's signature shows he's in Montana, and I have a serious mental problem so I checked all 38 used 2019 Silverado HD trucks for sale on Cars.com in a 500MI radius. 

Every single one of those trucks were RPO code XL7 for 315mHz frequency.  

• Like 1

2019 LT new body style:

I just happen to be going through something similar. Bought new wheels n tires with new sensors. They are schrader 315/433 

I can activate the relearn, 2 beeps,  and tried the air down method found on YT,  but no horn sound. I read a bit further and found the new 2019 LT would need the relearn tool. 

So I purchased JDIAG EL-50448 TPMS relearn tool for GM sold on Amazon... so we`ll see if that does it... 

9 minutes ago, Pale Rider said:

2019 LT new body style:

I just happen to be going through something similar. Bought new wheels n tires with new sensors. They are schrader 315/433 

I can activate the relearn, 2 beeps,  and tried the air down method found on YT,  but no horn sound. I read a bit further and found the new 2019 LT would need the relearn tool. 

So I purchased JDIAG EL-50448 TPMS relearn tool for GM sold on Amazon... so we`ll see if that does it... 

So far 4 relearn tools have not worked. The double beep "relearn ready" beeps are easy to obtain, but the truck refuses to recognize the sensors, even though the relearn tools all verify they are in place and communicating at proper 433mhz frequency.

14 hours ago, Carter Bouslaugh said:

The Tirerama shop has ordered me the new sensors and will be here Wednesday. Another couple hundred bucks gone.

COUPLE HUNDRED???? You can buy sets of 4 sensors new on ebay for $30-40. I have bought several of both frequency and have had no issues pairing them to appropriate vehicles with my cheapo relearn tool.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GETGONE said:

COUPLE HUNDRED???? You can buy sets of 4 sensors new on ebay for $30-40. I have bought several of both frequency and have had no issues pairing them to appropriate vehicles with my cheapo relearn tool.

Oh, and you installed them yourself for free too?

23 hours ago, Carter Bouslaugh said:

So far 4 relearn tools have not worked. The double beep "relearn ready" beeps are easy to obtain, but the truck refuses to recognize the sensors, even though the relearn tools all verify they are in place and communicating at proper 433mhz frequency.

I will know more tomorrow when the tool gets here, if it doesnt work then I`ll be on the phone with Discount tire to find out why. 

22 hours ago, GETGONE said:

I think I paid 50$ for 5 at the 315 frequency. Still waiting for them almost been two weeks

update, received the relearn tool today, and went right out to the truck to try it out. Bazzinga! it worked great. heard the horn beeps went onto the next until done. display now shows the tpms. From what I know DTD installed Schrader brand 315/433 dual freq sensors in the new wheels... So glad I got this done, and for $12.xx for the tool, def worth a shot... 

IMG_20211110_122108074.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/8/2021 at 4:59 PM, Pale Rider said:

2019 LT new body style:

Correct, the airing down method may have only worked up until 2013 for trucks and 2014 for SUVs.  I bought the tool myself 2 years ago for around $15 on eBay.  Have used it twice since.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/24/2021 at 3:37 PM, BlaineBug said:

Correct, the airing down method may have only worked up until 2013 for trucks and 2014 for SUVs.  I bought the tool myself 2 years ago for around $15 on eBay.  Have used it twice since.

Thank you, so far so good.