New truck- Refreshed 22 Sierra SLT 4x4

1 hour ago, Anon12345 said:

Is it a package option or something?

If you select front bench seating you get the column shifter.   If you go with front bucket seats which comes with a center console, you get the console shifter.  LT trim and up of course.  

F4DF0386-B794-4F31-A2D1-E0980AD1358C.webp

2271EA28-E52C-4B61-A8E5-E35C4E7D4A2D.webp

Edited by SilveradoRST

7 hours ago, SilveradoRST said:

If you select front bench seating you get the column shifter.   If you go with front bucket seats which comes with a center console, you get the console shifter.  LT trim and up of course.  

F4DF0386-B794-4F31-A2D1-E0980AD1358C.webp

2271EA28-E52C-4B61-A8E5-E35C4E7D4A2D.webp

Thanks. I still dislike the dash, too, lol. 

Looking Good! love the new front grill.

Coming from a 2021 does the '22 have the new seats? Are they more comfortable? Or is that only the massage seats??

If the seats are softer I'm in!! seat review please!!

2 minutes ago, seamus2154 said:

Coming from a 2021 does the '22 have the new seats? Are they more comfortable? Or is that only the massage seats??

The leather is supposedly higher quality in the new trucks vs. the '22 LTD and older. Even for the lower trims. None have arrived in my area, so I can't confirm or deny. 

53 minutes ago, jlong1984 said:

The leather is supposedly higher quality in the new trucks vs. the '22 LTD and older. Even for the lower trims. None have arrived in my area, so I can't confirm or deny. 

This, I gotta see. All the manufacturers are slowly removing standard equipment we take for granted. I wonder if anybody has ever felt the new dashboard. Is it hard and hollow plastic that goes thunk when you knock it? I shudder.

10 hours ago, seamus2154 said:

I would say they are about the same. Maybe slightly softer. Hard to tell since my 2021 had the haptic seats with vibration alerts and this one doesn’t. I could feel the vibration mechanism through the seat and it was uncomfortable to me so the new one is better for me since it doesn’t have them 

Nice! Congrats!

I still prefer the wheel wells of the k2xx generation but I like the new frontend and hood. Finally a new interior that differs greatly from T1XX and K2XX generation. 

I am excited about super cruise but currently it's only offered on Denali Trim. SuperCruise only works on mapped roads. Lots of * but its cool that it's finally coming to trucks and SUV's. Hopefully it will come to other trims in a few years.

I prefer the good ol column shifter as well. Too bad it's only on lower trims. I bet you can't get a well optioned truck with column shift. Theres always a cutoff on certain options that require the bucket seats then you are stuck with console space wasting shifter which is as mechanical as a button shift. 

Not sure WTH GM was thinking with the seats in K2XX and T1XX. My fake leather seats are hard as a rock. Reminds me of plastic stadium seats or a park bench. The back seat has more give and comfort! 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Blue22GMC said:

I would say they are about the same. Maybe slightly softer. Hard to tell since my 2021 had the haptic seats with vibration alerts and this one doesn’t. I could feel the vibration mechanism through the seat and it was uncomfortable to me so the new one is better for me since it doesn’t have them 

I've always wanted to know if one could feel that hard mechanism through the seat.  Wonder if it is the same with massaging seats as well?  I've read here and there that GM had the thinest seats, need to sit in a F150, RAM, etc. to compare myself. 

Edited by SilveradoRST

I never felt the vibrator through the seat, but the ones in my 19 Silverado were quite stiff and flat. I wasn't uncomfortable in them, but the Ram has much more better seats; wider and softer. Much nicer leather too.

I really like these new GMs though. The GMCs especially look really good. If they had come out in the fall like they should have, I might have wound up in one. Love that blue color as well. Nice truck.

When I was shopping trucks last year (Ford & GMC, no Dodge, I already have one) the massaging seats in the Ford almost made me get that truck.

In the end the 3.0/10 speed combo won me over to GMC (yes I know Ford has a 10 speed as well).

• Like 1

10 hours ago, 2018GMC said:

Not sure WTH GM was thinking with the seats in K2XX and T1XX. My fake leather seats are hard as a rock. Reminds me of plastic stadium seats or a park bench. The back seat has more give and comfort! 

I have had a combo of Pickups and Yukon Xl Denalis for many years. Never complained till 2014 Silverado . Then we got a 2015 Sierra, another 2015 Yukon XL Denali, then a 2017 Yukon XL Denali. All of the seats sucked. Amazing how that new car smell convinces you its better. Then after a few months and some long road trips my back would be spasming! Worst seats ever. Finally bought an S550 for comfort and a 2013 Suburban as a steady Eddie tow/dog truck. The seats in the old trucks were much better than this last generation. This generation is too firm, but not painful. The ergonomics are slightly better. But they are not great, just OK. GM sucks for seats. Rented a Ford recently and the seats were much better than ours!! Our 2003 GMC Yukon XL was like sitting in your living room!!! At 80K for a Yukon XL Denali, the seats should be awesome....and they are not....they are OK. Jeeze a new 2022 Sierra Denali CC with some options is 72K!!! 

Edited by seamus2154
  • Like 1