Live Post: May 8th/9th - 2014 Silverado First Drive

Good day everyone! Hello from Texas, where I am preparing for my first chance to drive the 2014 Chevrolet Silverado, tomorrow, May 9th.

Tonight, I am scheduled to get a walk around of the new Silverado and will chat with engineers and designers about the new truck.

Tomorrow, I will have most of the day to drive and experience the new Silverado.

My plans are to update this thread over tonight and tomorrow with photos and interesting information that I find out during my trip. I hope to update things quite a bit but internet connection access and the temperament of my phone will play a part in how many updates I will be able to provide.

Tonight's walk around begins around 8pm eastern and tomorrow's drive starts around 10am eastern.

I hope you can all enjoy and I can provide some additional insight to the 2014 Silverado to the group.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm here at dinner. Going through a few things. Walked by a High Country on the way inside.

Chris Perry says this is the "smoothest, quietest truck on the market...bar none".

- Average truck on the road is 11.3 years old..there is pent up demand

- 1.66M truck sales in 2012, up from 2011

- Largest segement in US

- Chevrolet will be the only brand with midsize, full size, and HD trucks going forward

- New Silverado built more for every day use

- 30% of light duty sales have transaction price over $40k

- High Country will fill in the upper end

yes! That's why I shot that picture. Glad you noticed.

I notice most things. :D

Speaking of which, nice that GM added the blindspot mirror- took me a while to get used to it in the Fords I've driven but I've come to appreciate it. The turn signal repeater looks odd though- is it just a straight line of LEDs or does it still have a chevron shape? Also, the lock cylinder looks big- is GM going to the thick switchblade keys on the trucks too?

Turn signal repeater is just a slightly curved line, not a full chevron like the 900s.

I'll get back to you on the key.. not sure.

Will you find out 6.2 power numbers on this trip?

Sorry, no. Only 4.3 and 5.3 driving and info this trip it seems.

Dedicated cargo lamp button! Thank you!

Awesome almost worth trading up :)

Do the rear seats have headrests in the CC (all spots)?

I am sorry but that high country interior is awful looking.

It's hardly a make or break thing Ryan, especially since I have a tonneau cover but making the cargo lamp light with the interior lights was stupid, it makes it impossible to see the bed at night. Nevermind that it is disabled in gear.

Archived