2014+ Suspension Lifts

Another quick question for everyone, BDS 6" VS McGaughys 7"-9"?

I like the warranty for BDS, and it seems like a lot more people run the BDS kit, VS the McGaughys, but the option of getting one lift and able to go from 7-9 I think is a huge benefit, I'm just am not having a lot of luck finding reviews/posts about McGaughys lifts.

I can get a BDS 6", Fox 2.0 performance shocks, and add a leaf for $1,850 shipped.

or a McGaughys 7-9" Premium Silver, for around $1,915, shipped.

any one have any pro or cons for them?

Thanks.

I like the warranty for BDS, and it seems like a lot more people run the BDS kit, VS the McGaughys, but the option of getting one lift and able to go from 7-9 I think is a huge benefit, I'm just am not having a lot of luck finding reviews/posts about McGaughys lifts.

I can get a BDS 6", Fox 2.0 performance shocks, and add a leaf for $1,850 shipped.

Thanks.

They’re both good kits, just depends what you want. The fox is likely better than the shocks that come with the mcgaughy’s kit, but the mcgaughy’s kit gives you more lift. Not everyone is after a 9” lift so the 6” kit fits the bill

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks.
The McGaughys because you can go to 9". That how I roll.
Once you lift it you'll wish you went higher. Always happens.
I'm already thinking about a 1.5" body lift and bigger tires and I just lifted mine in April 2020.9d6c061e913169d33504fec5a7240d34.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Question for those with lifts.  I’ve got a ‘17 GMC Denali with the Magride system & just undecided on which lift to go with.  I’m pretty sure the that the Fabtech 4” Uniball lift is for me but part of me wonders if the 6”BDS lift is worth it too.  Don’t know why BDS doesn’t have a  4” lift available for the Denali trucks & only their 6” lift is compatible with the Magride system.  

Looking to run 305/55R20 BFG KO2’s.  The Fabtech website states that their lift would fit 295/55r20.  Anyone know for sure if the 295’s are the max for their 4” lift or will 305’s fit?  

For reference, my truck has a 2” front level & 285/55r20’s on it right now.  

EDIT:  The more I look around the more I’m thinking a 6” lift & 35’s is what I want.  Any ride advantages of the 6” BDS over say the Fabtech 6” Gen 2?  I do like that the Fabtech doesn’t increase front track width.  

Edited by steve76t

What’s up guys.. giving a little heads up to my friends running Mcguaghys lifts/ control arms that they just released a new product that was one of the only things that bothered me that now has been resolved. It’s a billet balljoint cover for the upper control arm that really finishes it off nice. I actually started machining these myself but then in talking with them they took it to the next level. So if you are running Mcguaghys uppers and don’t like looking at that ugly balljoint pick up a set!

927C4F78-3AA8-441C-B581-E14B28367CF5.jpeg

• Like 1

13 hours ago, CovetedStyle said:

What’s up guys.. giving a little heads up to my friends running Mcguaghys lifts/ control arms that they just released a new product that was one of the only things that bothered me that now has been resolved. It’s a billet balljoint cover for the upper control arm that really finishes it off nice. I actually started machining these myself but then in talking with them they took it to the next level. So if you are running Mcguaghys uppers and don’t like looking at that ugly balljoint pick up a set!

927C4F78-3AA8-441C-B581-E14B28367CF5.jpeg

FML I just bought some Reklez uca’s wonder if those would fit ? 

Im not in need yet, but would like to start researching the options for my coilovers. I have the Zone 6" lift and have the large spacers on my stock ones. Ive seen other lifts that have full length coilovers(aftermarket) without the spacers and was wondering what options are available to consider when i change my out for some that wont require the spacer.

What should i consider? 

Finally bit the bullet, made a decision and ordered my parts.  Now have a Fabtech 6” Gen II Magneride lift, set of grey Fuel Rebel 20x10 -18 wheels wrapped with 35x12.50r20 Toyo Open Country AT III’s headed my way.  Cost me a little more than what I originally planned to spend, but it'll be worth it in the end. 

I’m terribly impatient so the wait for the stuff to arrive is gonna kill me.

Different truck but my '17 GMC Denali should look similar to this when done...image.png.c99253c6fd943fdb54a89d58de01ab11.png

Edited by steve76t

Im not in need yet, but would like to start researching the options for my coilovers. I have the Zone 6" lift and have the large spacers on my stock ones. Ive seen other lifts that have full length coilovers(aftermarket) without the spacers and was wondering what options are available to consider when i change my out for some that wont require the spacer.

What should i consider? 

I like the fox coilovers on my 6" bds. Zone is the same company but I'm not sure how easy it would be to add to your truck.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

On 12/28/2020 at 11:54 PM, HumanTT said:

Thanks.

It really comes down to how high you're looking to go.  6 inch lifts are very common and people who have them usually are needing clearance for off-roading and of course the looks.  Not taking away from much taller lifts, a lot people who lift their trucks wished they lifted it higher....lol.   So, my opinion....go with the Mcgaughys.   I have the Cognito 10-12" set to 11.5" in the front and 10" in the back with Fox 2.5 Reservoir shocks and deaver leaf springs.IMG_3487.thumb.jpeg.efd9ee34315f67f7d52846a26b66e27e.jpeg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone have any insight into the vibration I am getting in 4 Auto and 4 Hi after installing a BDS 4" lift?  The transfer case was smooth as butter prior to the lift.  The vibration is almost like a groan that can be felt in the transfer case upon acceleration between 10-30 mph.  The shop is stating that I will need a CV (dual cardan) front driveshaft as the pinion angle and prop shaft angle has changed and the u/joint angles are no longer in phase.

Yet, it seems there are plenty of others running 4" and 6" lifts that don't require a CV front driveshaft and have no vibrations in 4 Auto and 4 Hi.  And then there are the others that are stock and have the same vibrations.  ?‍♂️