2014+ Suspension Lifts

Have not done a norcal, but i will look into that if something starts to droop. I would bet u could go slightly large if u did though.
Sweet! Now ya got me thinking.[emoji848][emoji16]

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/3/2020 at 12:55 AM, That_guy said:

What’s a good 4 inch lift kit for my 2018 Denali ? 
leveled now but still seems like I’m in a low rider 

92F42242-3920-4C93-8CD3-B3E4F8539D96.jpeg

If you have the Magnaride, I think Fabtech makes a 4" lift that is compatible.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a 2018 silverado 2wd.  I want to lift it in the very near future purely for looks as my truck will not be going off road.  I am debating on what to do since i have limited options being a 2wd.  I know that zone is always recommended but i was wondering how it compares to mcgaughys lift?  Do they both widen your stance?  I want to run 35's so ill have to lift 6+ inches from my understanding.  My biggest concern is the wheel width / offset.  I personally do not want my wheels sticking way outside of the fenders.  I do like a slightly aggressive stance but i want to avoid going overly wide.  I was looking at a few 22" Hostile wheels and trying to decide on 10" and 12" wide wheels.  Any thoughts and opinions are greatly appreciated!

We should have more pics of lifted 2wd.

I have a 2017 GMC Sierra, 2WD.  It is currently at Fearless Gear here in Fresno getting rear differential changed to 4.56 and getting universal joint replaced. I could go 35's but I plan to stay at 33. I will post pics when truck gets back, hopefully Friday. I have appointment with Linex at 10 am. 

I lifted mine purely based off of looks, never offroad - tbh, I just got tired of the 2500's, etc, sitting taller than me on the road - thats it.

In the front, I went with a MaxTrac 5" knuckle lift, Bilstein B8 6100 set at 0" (I didnt want to to go higher than 5), Cognito UPC (not needed but I did it anyway because of the better ball joint). I also had to replace lower control arm because replacing that lower ball joint was a pain and I ending up buying 2 LCA at O'Reilly's.

As far as the back, I put 3" rear block..I also have Airlift air bags and I had to buy 4" spacer as well. Also have Hellwig rear sway stabilizer. 

The knuckle lift will space out your tires out some, so to some, it will look out of place in comparison to the rears. You can add spacers to rear but i chose not to.

You can go mcGaughy's route..I live in Fresno so you will see alot of their trucks around here..I really wanted their front crossmember but that's about it.  I will post pics most likely this Friday. Good luck 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 10/21/2019 at 6:20 PM, Hutch72 said:

After a year of reading this forum got the 6” gen2 Fabtech lift. Thanks everyone for all the info and great pics that got posted.
2015 Silverado 1500

18x9 -12 offset Raceline Defender

Open Range 35x12.5 

F6169CA4-434D-434F-A568-406B2C347E90.jpeg

5DFA8503-CECD-4D6C-AC8C-42E2095DCD47.jpeg

52B08778-50F5-46D5-A40B-EC9748187425.jpeg

AD623239-C51E-4FE8-9071-AF187E83AD3F.jpeg

E4846705-7EFE-4EEB-AAFE-A3017847D7BC.jpeg

B9D4AFFF-5F2B-417D-9108-0036148998CE.jpeg

Beautiful truck!  I am considering this lift as well!  How do you like it?  Any negatives worth mentioning?  I am looking at this lift mainly due to the front track width not changing.   

Got invited out to the McGaughys compound this weekend. Such a rad time with everyone. Got to tour the shop and they shot a ton of promotional content. Here’s just a little teaser. Also I want to say this, I was extremely happy with my McGaughys system already but now meeting the family behind the company and seeing the state of the art facility I am blown away. Customer satisfaction as far as production, quality control and ease of use is their driving force. I absolutely cannot say enough about this company and I will recommend them 10 out of 10 times to anyone I talk to.

Edited by CovetedStyle
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, CovetedStyle said:

Got invited out to the McGaughys compound this weekend. Such a rad time with everyone. Got to tour the shop and they shot a ton of promotional content. Here’s just a little teaser

I live literally about 3 miles from that location where that was shot at ?

2 hours ago, CovetedStyle said:

No ******!? You’re out there in Fresno huh? It was a cool spot to shoot. We were out there for about three hours shooting the three trucks.

Yes sir! The direction towards the DMV, not the Tower Disctrict...and btw beautiful trucks!

You'd  figure living in Fresno, I would get Mcgaughy system like everybody else, but I can't seeing myself throwing 35's on a 1/2 ton.

I'm happy with the 5" lift and 33's

20201007_165922.jpg

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, SwisherSweets said:

Yes sir! The direction towards the DMV, not the Tower Disctrict...and btw beautiful trucks!

You'd  figure living in Fresno, I would get Mcgaughy system like everybody else, but I can't seeing myself throwing 35's on a 1/2 ton.

I'm happy with the 5" lift and 33's

20201007_165922.jpg

To each their own, we all have different types and styles. Great looking truck also! I already knew their equipment was top-of-the-line but now interacting with the actual people behind the company I am thoroughly impressed all around.

Edited by CovetedStyle
  • Like 1

If I didnt have weight in the back of truck when its fully loaded, I am do down for McGaughy's. When I ever do upgrade to a 2500, actually if it's even possible - a fully customizable flatbed is my dream then I'll look to it.

Currently on my Sierra, even upgraded to a 4.56 gear ratio with locking diff..I'm still on the fence with 35's.

16037477062193299748723770848835.jpg

On 10/22/2020 at 8:33 AM, vhreso said:

Beautiful truck!  I am considering this lift as well!  How do you like it?  Any negatives worth mentioning?  I am looking at this lift mainly due to the front track width not changing.   

Sorry for the late response. It’s been a year since installing the lift. It doesn’t get mentioned enough or nobody cares  but I’ll tell you turning radius is going be affected. The truck rides better than the 3” wanna be lift I previously had. It still corners great and the les swab tires are surprisingly quiet and amazing in deep snow . I’ve been told the fabtech coil overs for this kit a night and day difference. I’ll tell you the stock front struts do work but it’s only been a year and 16000 miles. I can’t tell you how it tows because I haven’t tried it yet. But no regrets and get lots of compliments.

• Thanks 1

Just putting this out there for those who don't want to cut out their cross members. I did a Ready Lift 4" SST and changed to Bilstein 5100's. The SST kit comes with upgraded UCA's. Running 295/60R20 (34") 0 offset. I had a inner fender rub but did the Norcal mod with Rough Country fender brackets and now ZERO rubbing.

TruckPic.jpg

• Like 2