2014+ Suspension Lifts

1 hour ago, EDL said:

Looking at the various lifts in the 4"-4.5" range, they all seem to require either cutting out the crossmember completely, or some form of cutting it.  Doesn't that weaken the heck out of the frame?

It's just a small chunk of the pocket where the lower control arm mounts. The new crossmember supplied with the lift is where the LCA is relocated. The small piece that is removed is to allow clearance for the front differential to be dropped. The replacement crossmember is much beefier then the one removed.

• Like 1

Awesome info guys. Looking at the Zone 6.5 on 35s. I have a 5.3 but the regearing seems like a big chunk of change. As stated above I'm not racing anyone so that slower speed doesn't really affect me to much. So as for the people who didn't regear and are running 35s, you guys don't have any complaints? 

Edited by NorEaster

9 minutes ago, NorEaster said:

Awesome info guys. Looking at the Zone 6.5 on 35s. I have a 5.3 but the regearing seems like a big chunk of change. As stated above I'm not racing anyone so that slower speed doesn't really affect me to much. So as for the people who didn't regear and are running 35s, you guys don't have any complaints? 

From what I’ve heard guys with a 3:08 gears say their trucks seem a lot slower. But with 3:42 gears you’ll be fine. I got a hand held programmer , cold air intake , free flow exhaust and problem solved. 

16 hours ago, NorEaster said:

Anyone here running 35s in a 5.3 without regearing?

Yes, you really notice right after they are installed, then you forget.  Not like when I put 35s on my Jepp Rubi.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, EDL said:

Looking at the various lifts in the 4"-4.5" range, they all seem to require either cutting out the crossmember completely, or some form of cutting it.  Doesn't that weaken the heck out of the frame?

Not enough cut to worry about. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/1/2016 at 10:26 PM, FueledGMC said:

I've followed this forum for a while to determine what setup to go with. Here's what a came up with so far....

Thanks all for sharing! Helped tremendously

2015 GMC Sierra Crew SLT 4x4

Fuel Assault Wheels 18 x 9"

BFG TA KO2s 285x65x18

(Dropped from 20s to 18s to showcase the KO2s side tread)

3.5 Rough Country Lift

Model:27820

(I will admit, there is a very minor rub on the front when I cut all the way to one side or the other, but otherwise all is fine.)

Magnaflow Exhaust - Dualed

post-161042-0-40337800-1470107424_thumb.jpg

post-161042-0-70557100-1470107844_thumb.jpgpost-161042-0-03539600-1470107868_thumb.jpgpost-161042-0-83829100-1470107894_thumb.jpgpost-161042-0-20743500-1470107949_thumb.jpg

So here i am 4 years later and countless front end issues due to the bad angles with the Rough Country lift. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND NOT going with the 27820 3.5" lift by Rough Country. way too many issues. looking at the BDS 4" now.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1