2014+ Suspension Lifts

On 7/24/2020 at 1:25 PM, FueledGMC said:

Better now with the BDS 4" lift. Much smoother ride, clicking in my steering has gone away.. And i can turn again! 

Did up my tire size to BFG TA KO2s 305 70s

Also added 1/4" wheel spacers on the front. 

20200724_131330.jpg

20200724_131421.jpg

Love the stance and look- how high is the top of your cab?  I have to park in a parking deck and want to go that same route, but cant be higher than 7 feet

On 5/26/2020 at 9:29 AM, Huntingfool said:

IMG_0879-1.jpg

IMG_0927-1.jpg

IMG_0928-1.jpg

IMG_0929-1.jpg

truck looks great.  I have a Redline as well and pick it up from the lift shop tomorrow.  Did you sell your redline factory rims?  I'm just curious because I have no idea what to sell them for.

• 3 weeks later...

I came across a new 4” lift from Belltech that’s very tempting. I’m wanting to replace my Ranchos, do away with my leveling spacers, and gain a little more height. The Belltech front shocks are adjustable for 3-4” of lift. The kit comes with upper control arms, diff drop spacers, diff skid plate, rear lift blocks and rear shocks. Who wants to be the first to try it out and give a review?

946308F2-1E7A-4816-8288-BDD69C2E20C5.jpeg

Edited by HoosierZ

I came across a new 4” lift from Belltech that’s very tempting. I’m wanting to replace my Ranchos, do away with my leveling spacers, and gain a little more height. The Belltech front shocks are adjustable for 3-4” of lift. The kit comes with upper control arms, diff drop spacers, diff skid plate, rear lift blocks and rear shocks. Who wants to be the first to try it out and give a review?
946308F2-1E7A-4816-8288-BDD69C2E20C5.jpeg.8f19114eb3adf035120380b5d50933fb.jpeg

RIP tie rods and lower ball joints

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

946308F2-1E7A-4816-8288-BDD69C2E20C5.jpeg.8f19114eb3adf035120380b5d50933fb.jpeg
I really don't like this kit. Not really a lift if you ask me. Now they have a 7" kit that's about $1800 that's a true lift kit. It looks suspiciously like a McGaughys.
Belltech, just like McGaughys has been making lowering kits for trucks since the 80's. So they know what they are doing . Up down what's the difference. It's quality parts.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

It’s basically the same as the Readylift 4” kit with adjustable height struts instead of spacers and people seem to like that kit. If I do get it, I’ll probably set the struts to 3” or 3-1/2”. I would assume after 30+ years in the aftermarket suspension business that Belltech knows what they’re doing. 

It’s basically the same as the Readylift 4” kit with adjustable height struts instead of spacers and people seem to like that kit. If I do get it, I’ll probably set the struts to 3” or 3-1/2”. I would assume after 30+ years in the aftermarket suspension business that Belltech knows what they’re doing. 

The only “good” way to get anything over 2.5” is with a drop bracket because it maintains the suspension geometry. Otherwise lower ball joints and tie rods wear out extremely fast and the ride sucks because you’re riding on the UCA droop stops

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

I'm having a hard time, picking a BDS 6" or zone 6.5" lift. I have a 2018, 1500, Redline, 6.2, with stamped UCA. I would really like to run the factory 20" with 35s for a while.

I really want to go with the BDS lift, but the extra .5" for $600-$800 less is a hard pill to swallow. Could I run a 1/2 front strut spacer with the BDS lift? Maybe something like this ( https://www.amazon.com/MotoFab-Lifts-CH-5TM-Leveling-Pickup/dp/B017WN9DIC )? Also does the BDS 6" really only lift 6"? I have read a few times that the BDS 4" lift does run tall, but does that translate over to the 6" as well?

I did reach out to BDS/fox and they just said "I don't recommend adding a spacer on top of this kit" 

Thanks to anyone that can help.

13 hours ago, HumanTT said:

I'm having a hard time, picking a BDS 6" or zone 6.5" lift. I have a 2018, 1500, Redline, 6.2, with stamped UCA. I would really like to run the factory 20" with 35s for a while.

I really want to go with the BDS lift, but the extra .5" for $600-$800 less is a hard pill to swallow. Could I run a 1/2 front strut spacer with the BDS lift? Maybe something like this ( https://www.amazon.com/MotoFab-Lifts-CH-5TM-Leveling-Pickup/dp/B017WN9DIC )? Also does the BDS 6" really only lift 6"? I have read a few times that the BDS 4" lift does run tall, but does that translate over to the 6" as well?

I did reach out to BDS/fox and they just said "I don't recommend adding a spacer on top of this kit" 

Thanks to anyone that can help.

I've been running an under strut level with a zone 4.5" for a few years now without any issue. I had a .75" under there and swapped it to a 1.5" about a year ago to clear 295/65r20 on factory wheels. I don't know what it'd do with the 6" kit though. As far as I know the brackets are the same for both kits, only the spacers are different, so you may not want to push the 6" kit any taller. 

17 hours ago, mkhutch said:

My 4" leveling kit had huge rubbing issues with 33" tires.  I'm looking at getting a new sierra but would like to do a ~6" lift.  Which one seems best?

I went with a 4” BDS coilover and 35” Toyos on my 2018 Sierra, haven’t noticed any rubbing. Shipped with a bad coilover so I have a clunk until the new one comes in though, FYI.