HID Headlight Bulbs / HID Projector Retrofit

I like the cargo light idea, how did you do that?

2cf7e69bbcdedf18a846970ed9ef1878.jpg

This is my set up. I have a 2014 Sierra, I don't know if the pins are different for the Silverados. Check out the thread that talks about them and make sure you connect your diode in the right direction

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2cf7e69bbcdedf18a846970ed9ef1878.jpg

This is my set up. I have a 2014 Sierra, I don't know if the pins are different for the Silverados. Check out the thread that talks about them and make sure you connect your diode in the right direction

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10-22 diode is if you want the fogs on with the running lights. Like the picture says they can't be turned off.

10-18 diode will give you fogs on when the high beams are activated but will also give you the option to turn them on and off with the OEM fog switch.

• Like 1

Well I have an update here,

I did finally pull the trigger and got the TRS kit for my 2104 SLE Sierra. 35w ballasts and 4300k lamps with the capacitor link and relay harness. All in all the install went well took me about 2 hours. I am very happy with the improvement. It is not perfect like a couple guys that have done the more in depth projector mod as well, but at least it is driveable at night now. I have a good light pattern and did not have to change any aiming from the factory settings.

I do however have what seems to be the common radio interference, and it drives me nuts. i do not have satellite and won't pay the extra for it. There has got to be a way to fix this. I have installed the ferrite cores on the power out wires from the ballast and it did nothing. i also unplugged power each ballast seperatley to see it it was one or the the other ( they both have the same effect) on the radio. I have followed this post since June when i got my truck and have ready most of it multiple times. I am trying some of the many suggestions that some people have tried, but if anyone has a sure fire thing that worked with them on this issue i would appreciate the update. If i figure anything out i will be certain to post up and update.

Regard an Thank you in advaance,

Has anyone managed to retrofit the standard 2014 headlights with an HID Conversion Kit? If so, do you happen to have any pictures on how they look?

When you say the standard headlights, do you mean the reflector housings? If so then please do not put and HID in you low bean reflector because it makes it a high beam/flood light and is extremely blinding. If you plan to keep your reflectors then I highly recommend you using a high powered LED headlight bulb. If you really want HIDs then I highly recommend and insist you first put in projectors.

HIDs in reflectors are great for the driver with them but absolutely suck for everyone else.

Just my $.02

When you say the standard headlights, do you mean the reflector housings? If so then please do not put and HID in you low bean reflector because it makes it a high beam/flood light and is extremely blinding. If you plan to keep your reflectors then I highly recommend you using a high powered LED headlight bulb. If you really want HIDs then I highly recommend and insist you first put in projectors.

HIDs in reflectors are great for the driver with them but absolutely suck for everyone else.

Just my $.02

I had read that as well, and was looking to do something like the attached link, but was wondering what it would look like in the standard reflector housing. Just curious at this point. Not sure I'm even going to do it.

http://www.theretrofitsource.com/complete-retrofit-kits/bi-xenon-fx-r-stage-iii-kit.html#.VEka1vnF8k0

Hello, I just installed my Morimoto HID 35w, with the xb bulbs H11 kit, and I am wondering if this is normal?

I just have everything sitting on the rad cover while testing, and when I hit unlock on my fob, both ballasts buzz, but the buzz fades after about 5 seconds. Is that them just warming up, or should that not happen at all?

Also, I have the capacitor link, not the error eliminator.

I have the same kit installed. You used the correct bulbs otherwise you would have 2 shadows on the ground from the wires that run along the bulbs.

My ballasts buzz also, not sure if its normal? But it does go away within a few seconds of them being on.

Overall I think the headlights are a million times better although a retrofit would be the proper way to go.

Hello, I just installed my Morimoto HID 35w, with the xb bulbs H11 kit, and I am wondering if this is normal?

I just have everything sitting on the rad cover while testing, and when I hit unlock on my fob, both ballasts buzz, but the buzz fades after about 5 seconds. Is that them just warming up, or should that not happen at all?

Also, I have the capacitor link, not the error eliminator.

I have the same kit installed. You used the correct bulbs otherwise you would have 2 shadows on the ground from the wires that run along the bulbs.

My ballasts buzz also, not sure if its normal? But it does go away within a few seconds of them being on.

Overall I think the headlights are a million times better although a retrofit would be the proper way to go.

For those of you with buzzing ballasts; Double check your ground integrity and your wiring polarity. Because load is highest on bulb start up, any resistance in your ground circuit can cause those issues. Also, some of these systems will function with improper polarity at the ballast input from the vehicle harness. However, the relays will buzz due to current flowing the wrong direction through the relay. Just a couple things to check.

http://www.theretrofitsource.com/hid-systems/morimoto-elite-hid-system-sierra-low-beam.html#.VEVUNyLF-xq

I just ordered the kit. I found this coupon code online "ToyotaNation" and got 15% off. So total after shipping was $155[/size]

I ordered this same kit as well. Will be installing it today hope things work out okay.