HID Headlight Bulbs / HID Projector Retrofit

Hey so you guys that don't have the retrofit projectors, can yall post some pics so we can see the light output with the HID conversion? Seen plenty of pictures in the thread from retrofit, but not many from the stock projectors.

This is not a very good picture and was taken about +/-10ft from the box but I wanted to see what the beam pattern and cut-off looked like (note: I was not the 30ft away from a wall as suggested in other places for true aiming purposes) but perhaps this may be what you are looking for?!?!

I can try to get pictures because I feel that this picture does not do the lights ANY justice (FWIW - Morimoto 35w, 4300k). IMO, these lights are better than stock, hands down! I have not driven any vehicles with a true retrofit, but I also do not want the hassle and cost of having one done. The stock lights didn't cut it, and these are better than stock.... Plus the "cleaner", "white" light looks WAY better and matches the DRL's and LED's on the interior. (Go ahead and get the VLED's while your at it to complete your look, if that what you are after too).

photo 9.5

photo 9.1

alright so i am having some bad luck with my headlights with HID's. I have a 2014 Sierra Denali 5.3lt, I installed them by following the wiring diagram in this blog. i have a capacitor to a single wiring harness to my hid's. They worked for one day, know i cant get them to turn on at all. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

alright so i am having some bad luck with my headlights with HID's. I have a 2014 Sierra Denali 5.3lt, I installed them by following the wiring diagram in this blog. i have a capacitor to a single wiring harness to my hid's. They worked for one day, know i cant get them to turn on at all. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Check the inline fuse. Mine didn't want to turn on one night and I later figured out it was the fuse. It didn't look like it was blown but it somehow was.

Hey all, first post here, got my new Sierra SLE about 2 weeks ago it's a 2014 in emerald Green Metallic and I'm loving it :P

To date I have installed an DDM HID kit on 5 of my past vehicles now and this is the first one that I have ever needed to wire in capacitors and I'm not sure how exactly to wire them into the harness, I see by the diagram on page one of this thread where they go within the wiring but not sure exactly how to wire them in, in saying that I have ordered a spare pair of bulbs and a set of the code eliminators from DDM but I'm not sure if putting those in will solve my flickering problem(only during the day) or I just need to wire in the capacitors. The lights work great but during the day I am getting the flickering issue so I just manually turn them on before I shift to drive.

Any help appreciated, thanks

A pic of my Sierra and my dog Mandy :)

14957421823_f8e6db8a6e_b.jpg

http://www.theretrofitsource.com/hid-systems/morimoto-elite-hid-system-sierra-low-beam.html#.VEVUNyLF-xq

I just ordered the kit. I found this coupon code online "ToyotaNation" and got 15% off. So total after shipping was $155

25watt 5000k hid from HID guy in the fog lights Installed 5000k 55w HIDs from the retrofit source in the stock headlight projectors. It's better than the stock halogen bulbs but still not quite the amount of light that I want. Having a whole windshield tinted 30% doesn't help either. The hid kit and the wire harness from the retrofit source is very good quality compared to the Chinese kits from VVME.com I used in my 2007 NNBS Sierra. I didn't have to cut or tap into any wires and all the adaptors/connectors all connected perfectly. I have had them installed for 3 days now and overall I am happy with the kit. The only problem Im having is when the HIDs are on and I'm in the truck there is a lot of static noise coming from the speakers even when the volume is off. The FM radio also has problems picking up stations and staying connected to that station. When I take it out of park and into drive the static noise try's to go away but not all the way.

Anyone else having these problems?

Also I did a little extra and the diode mod to make the fog lights come on automatically and to make the cargo lights come on when put in reverse.

All these pictures were take from outside my truck

Low beams only: e5a1472bb608518cf214047e0f6dc493.jpg

Lows with fogs:7d47be87922e885536b46b36711135a0.jpg

Highs beams only: 40bd1c09476062bb3818c39d2397f4ed.jpg

6ca476a5b12b70346da0e2e53c98657a.jpg2643b1e1b0d0bbdb6fc839f553e2edd7.jpgee7f86cdd875113a98d3a8019f13fa4e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

New to the forum. I have been reading the topic for some time. I am having a terrible time trying to get the dust cover back on the housing. everything is still stock just opened to see the difficulty to change the bulbs out. but now i cant get the cover back on. is there a easy way to get the grill out to pull the head lights out to get a easier access to the aliment. with out have to remove the painted top part of the bumper. thanks for the help

New to the forum. I have been reading the topic for some time. I am having a terrible time trying to get the dust cover back on the housing. everything is still stock just opened to see the difficulty to change the bulbs out. but now i cant get the cover back on. is there a easy way to get the grill out to pull the head lights out to get a easier access to the aliment. with out have to remove the painted top part of the bumper. thanks for the help

This projector called Fx-R stand for Infiniti Fx 35/45 HID projector the R stand for Revised from The Retrofit Source .

They reproduce the projectors with clear lense and have sharper cutoff"

These projectors disperse better light output and farther than any Factory Equipped Projector HID let alone Halogen projector...

This is a sample pic of how far the cutoff travel:

alley_zps9fcd53ac.jpg

Hello, I just installed my Morimoto HID 35w, with the xb bulbs H11 kit, and I am wondering if this is normal?

I just have everything sitting on the rad cover while testing, and when I hit unlock on my fob, both ballasts buzz, but the buzz fades after about 5 seconds. Is that them just warming up, or should that not happen at all?

Also, I have the capacitor link, not the error eliminator.

25watt 5000k hid from HID guy in the fog lights Installed 5000k 55w HIDs from the retrofit source in the stock headlight projectors. It's better than the stock halogen bulbs but still not quite the amount of light that I want. Having a whole windshield tinted 30% doesn't help either. The hid kit and the wire harness from the retrofit source is very good quality compared to the Chinese kits from VVME.com I used in my 2007 NNBS Sierra. I didn't have to cut or tap into any wires and all the adaptors/connectors all connected perfectly. I have had them installed for 3 days now and overall I am happy with the kit. The only problem Im having is when the HIDs are on and I'm in the truck there is a lot of static noise coming from the speakers even when the volume is off. The FM radio also has problems picking up stations and staying connected to that station. When I take it out of park and into drive the static noise try's to go away but not all the way.

Anyone else having these problems?

Also I did a little extra and the diode mod to make the fog lights come on automatically and to make the cargo lights come on when put in reverse.

All these pictures were take from outside my truck

Low beams only: e5a1472bb608518cf214047e0f6dc493.jpg

Lows with fogs:7d47be87922e885536b46b36711135a0.jpg

Highs beams only: 40bd1c09476062bb3818c39d2397f4ed.jpg

6ca476a5b12b70346da0e2e53c98657a.jpg2643b1e1b0d0bbdb6fc839f553e2edd7.jpgee7f86cdd875113a98d3a8019f13fa4e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like the cargo light idea, how did you do that?