HID Headlight Bulbs / HID Projector Retrofit

which kit is it? 55W or 35W? The 55W kit draws too much power for the error cancelors and will blow them everytime. Happened to me twice. Then I gave up on the error cancelers and everything has been working fine without them. Have had them in since the beginning of May

I figured it out thanks for all your help. Forget those EEC lol It works without it.

Good work man. So you put these in from the rear eh? How exactly did you go about securing the FXR to the mounting bracket? Did you get it to sit flush with the front of that bracket or is there a gap on the front side of the projectors? Looks nice and level. Bring that driver side up till the top of the cut off lines up with the other side. You don't want to see two steps;)

Thanks. So mounting the FXR to the stock mounts requires trimming most of the top posts down then drilling new holes in whats left of the top posts. I used construction screws after trying a few different screws. The bottom posts need almost no modding besides trimming the little tabs off. The FXR sits flush with no gaps seen from the front. Its a little tricky getting it all centered and flush. I'll admit there was a point where I thought I had made a mistake by trying this myself, but that was do to debris migrating into the housing. It all worked out though. If I ever do this again I won't use a dremel tool. I'll either buy or rig up a hot knife to do my cutting to cut down on dust and debris.

I'm looking to pick up a set of HID's this week, I'm pretty sure this is what I'll need for my 14' Sierra SLE:

http://www.theretrofitsource.com/hid-systems/morimoto-elite-hid-system-sierra-low-beam.html#.VFo_0sl0b2k

Can anyone shed some light if I'll need any extra cables, or if I should be looking at a different set from TRS?

Edited by Jakob

So i'm a bit confused. For the DDM kit, do we need the BOW3 Capacitor? Im reading that some people are using it without it.

All depends on the kit. If you get a 55W DDM kit then the error decoder is not needed as the bulbs are strong enough to tell the computer that all is good. The 35W kit however draws less power than your standard halogen bulb and therefore the computer things something is wrong so things act weird and therefore you need the error decoder/BOW3

All depends on the kit. If you get a 55W DDM kit then the error decoder is not needed as the bulbs are strong enough to tell the computer that all is good. The 35W kit however draws less power than your standard halogen bulb and therefore the computer things something is wrong so things act weird and therefore you need the error decoder/BOW3

Thanks for the input Mike. I accidentally order the 4700f capacitors and was just making sure I needed the BOW3 before I order.

Thanks. So mounting the FXR to the stock mounts requires trimming most of the top posts down then drilling new holes in whats left of the top posts. I used construction screws after trying a few different screws. The bottom posts need almost no modding besides trimming the little tabs off. The FXR sits flush with no gaps seen from the front. Its a little tricky getting it all centered and flush. I'll admit there was a point where I thought I had made a mistake by trying this myself, but that was do to debris migrating into the housing. It all worked out though. If I ever do this again I won't use a dremel tool. I'll either buy or rig up a hot knife to do my cutting to cut down on dust and debris.

Cool man. I am picking up the brackets I have cut at a local shop. They allow for mounting of the fxr to the oem bracket. You still have open the headlights up though. No way to install without doing that. I will share when I get them put on the lights I am working on now. Good work though man.. I can only imagine how hard it was to do.it from the outside. Ha.

Just FYI to everyone...I ordered my error cancellors from amazon for $15 and they work great. Just thought I'd share cause places like DDM take about a month to receive anything.

Here's a link to the ones I bought. Looks like they may have gone up in price since I ordered them tho..

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HTOB0NG/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Cool man. I am picking up the brackets I have cut at a local shop. They allow for mounting of the fxr to the oem bracket. You still have open the headlights up though. No way to install without doing that. I will share when I get them put on the lights I am working on now. Good work though man.. I can only imagine how hard it was to do.it from the outside. Ha.

That'd be awesome if you can get a bracket to mount them! Let us know how that bracket ends up working out!

I have read this thread a few times in the past and I'm finally ready to do this, but am not reading it all again and want to double check some things.

I have the LTZ projectors and am not upgrading them. If I did go 55 watt low beams, do I need the capacitors? I'm not sure I'm going to do it, but I figure if I do 55 in high and low with 35 (which is okay in the Silverado, right?) in the fogs, I won't need a light bar. Also, it's $30 cheaper if I don't need the capacitors, so more light for less cost is good. Unless I will more than likely have issues with getting in trouble, I don't want trouble, just light.

The other question is about matching up the colors with different watt kits. I want the slight blue look, so I'm planning on 6000K.

I was going to go DDM and order extra bulbs and balasts, but I figure if I just spend the money I can order what I need and get it all quicker with Morimoto. They also have the X bulbs that are said to works better with Silverado lights.

Let me know if I'm going right or nuts, so I can put my order in Monday. Thanks.

I apologize if this has been covered but I've got a Sierra and I'm wondering if you have to bake it apart to remove the old projector? The silverado guys don't have to judging by the OP but it doesn't look like there's room to get at the screws for the stock projector.

Also once the old projectors out is it pretty easy to tell what to wire the new for projector shutter to? I didn't see any post about it.