HID Headlight Bulbs / HID Projector Retrofit

I apologize if this has been covered but I've got a Sierra and I'm wondering if you have to bake it apart to remove the old projector? The silverado guys don't have to judging by the OP but it doesn't look like there's room to get at the screws for the stock projector.

Also once the old projectors out is it pretty easy to tell what to wire the new for projector shutter to? I didn't see any post about it.

Have to open them up. Just cut them. Screw baking open. Destroys the channel and comprises the seal. Some have done it successfully but cutting is the way we do it. Apparently someone on here has been able to get their projectors out from the back of the unit............I really don't know how. There is literally no room. The lenses is +3" and the opening is like 3. Lol. I can take a bunch of pics to show you. Lol. Hooking to the bixenon solenoid is easy. I will also post pics of the bracket I have made. At this moment the only way I have to make it is with a 3D printer and that is slow as shit. I am trying to find a shop to make it without it costing me $5k up front. Lol.
  • Like 1

Have to open them up. Just cut them. Screw baking open. Destroys the channel and comprises the seal. Some have done it successfully but cutting is the way we do it. Apparently someone on here has been able to get their projectors out from the back of the unit............I really don't know how. There is literally no room. The lenses is +3" and the opening is like 3. Lol. I can take a bunch of pics to show you. Lol. Hooking to the bixenon solenoid is easy. I will also post pics of the bracket I have made. At this moment the only way I have to make it is with a 3D printer and that is slow as shit. I am trying to find a shop to make it without it costing me $5k up front. Lol.

I don't suppose you could post pics of where you're cutting em? I wonder if it'd be easier to just cut the back out unless that's what you're saying haha

Go on my youtube channel (Fastheadlights) as I have done how to videos on there. Do not try to cut open the back to remove that projector. You will have so much plastic and debris stuck in the housing it would be impossible to get out. Also, the is some modification that needs to be done to the stock bracket to allow for the fxr to mount flush and square. Again, that is the reason we made an adapter so that we could be assured that the projector mounted flush and secure.

• Like 1

I installed the Sierra Morimoto Elite HID kit in my 2014 Sierra, but my lights stay on after I turn the truck off and remove they keys. The lights are set to "auto", but they still stay on. Has anyone ran into this before?

I installed the Sierra Morimoto Elite HID kit in my 2014 Sierra, but my lights stay on after I turn the truck off and remove they keys. The lights are set to "auto", but they still stay on. Has anyone ran into this before?

I believe they are supposed to stay on for a min or so... are they ever turning off?

GMC-AT is correct. The lights should turn off when the key is turned to the OFF position and then they should reignite when the key is removed from the ignition. They should stay on for about 30seconds to a minute I believe

They didn't turn off in the 10 minutes I left them. I had to disconnect from battery so they didn't drain it

sounds like maybe your relay is somehow fubar? Staying open or something

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

• Like 1

They didn't turn off in the 10 minutes I left them. I had to disconnect from battery so they didn't drain it

I agree with Corwest. Sounds like a harness issue. Try opening the relay (just remove the black plastic cover) and see if there is somehow already rust or anything holding the circuit on when connected to battery. I had to do that for my LED bar harness. It started rusting a little from a week of heavy rains and a bad position in the engine bay where it got water. I just disconnected the relay itself and put it in a cup of 7-UP. I find that works better than coke or anything to clean battery acid build up and corrosion. It looks like a brand new relay after. I had this same issue with my light bar btw, that's why I suggest open the relay and see if anything looks wrong in there.

Mine stayed on once way passed the 30seconds there supposed to stay on. So I just cycled again manually and they turned off. Probably a stuck relay, and why I wish GM would just come out with a headlight fix for these horrible oem headlights, or a good aftermarket setup comes avail.

Mine stayed on once way passed the 30seconds there supposed to stay on. So I just cycled again manually and they turned off. Probably a stuck relay, and why I wish GM would just come out with a headlight fix for these horrible oem headlights, or a good aftermarket setup comes avail.

Thought I saw some pictures from SEMA that showed some aftermarket options for gmcs. I would expect them to start showing up soon on the webz

Thought I saw some pictures from SEMA that showed some aftermarket options for gmcs. I would expect them to start showing up soon on the webz

You saw right. Dont remember where we posted them right now. check the live post section

Back to my question from a while ago. I have a 14 GMC all terrain SLE, but comes with the SLT head lights with the LED DRL lights. I installed 55W 5000k HIDs from the retrofit source in the headlights and every time they come on I hear a buzzing noise, but not the higher pitched zzzzzz sounding buzz you hear when the HIDs and ballasts are first firing up, but it a more deep buzz like a deep humming sound and it doesn't go away until I turn my lights off. When i look under the hood to listen for the sound, it seems like it is coming from one of the relays in the relay harness, but the lights work the way they should, except for the annoying humming noise.

This has been going on for over a month now and i have tried but can't figure out how to fix it. I'm also getting terrible radio reception too. I know how to install HIDs and i have installed them on numerous vehicles and my past 2 person vehicles and haven't had a problem like this before, if anyone has any similar problems or has any help please let me know

Here is my order from the retrofit source:

HD Relay- 9012

Cap Link

Morimoto AMP 5five DSP

9012 - 5K bulbs