HID Headlight Bulbs / HID Projector Retrofit

Quick question for you guys with Sierras,

Which bulb are you going with? I'm looking to order some new bulbs, as the bulbs I have from my 2008 silverado are a different size. The 9012 or 9006 bulb are the specified bulb for the 14 sierras, but for an HID bulb, are they dual action? So does the 9006 HID bulb cover Low and High setting?

Thanks

Which bulb are you going with? I'm looking to order some new bulbs, as the bulbs I have from my 2008 silverado are a different size. The 9012 or 9006 bulb are the specified bulb for the 14 sierras, but for an HID bulb, are they dual action? So does the 9006 HID bulb cover Low and High setting?

Thanks

Thanks

The 9006 will work just fine. The projector uses a mechanical shutter to switch between the high and low beam. So a 9012 or 9006 will work just fine.

I started to read this thread but its just way too long.

Im well aware that a proper HID retrofit should be done for proper light output.

In the mean time I want to install HID's into my projector housings until I have the time and means to do a proper retrofit.

For those of you who put HID's in a LTZ, are you using H11 or H11B bulbs? According to TRS we should be using H11B's (XB35) so there is not a shadow in the light pattern.

http://www.theretrofitsource.com/hid-systems/morimoto-elite-hid-system-silverado-low-beam.html

They also state we should be using their capacitor link

I ended up reading this whole thread and my mind is fried.

I didnt see a single post about H11B bulbs in the silverados yet TRS suggests them...

Edited by spoolin98

Maybe TRS changed something recently?

... According to TRS we should be using H11B's (XB35) so there is not a shadow in the light pattern.
http://www.theretrofitsource.com/hid-systems/morimoto-elite-hid-system-silverado-low-beam.html

They also state we should be using their capacitor link

I ended up reading this whole thread and my mind is fried.

I didnt see a single post about H11B bulbs in the silverados yet TRS suggests them...

First of I want to say that I used the "search feature", I have read and read some more.. All I am looking for is an answer to wether or not I can swap out the 2014 Silverado LT headlights for the LTZ or High Country projector style headlights... Are the plug n play, or will I need a different wiring harness... Thanks in Advance....

Maybe TRS changed something recently?

Im not sure, but I did find this thread regarding the same subject.

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/154593-hid-lights/

Although the OP of the thread stated that when he ran regular H11 bulbs he didnt see a shadow, you can clearly see the shadows on the street in the picture labaled "very bright".

Then he shows pictures of the H11B bulb up against a garage door and it doesnt have as clean of a cut off line as the H11, but he doesnt have a picture of the H11B on the road.

Is any one else here running H11B bulbs?

Not only am I new to HID lighting, I am also new to the GM Trucks so if this seems like noobie-like questions; its because they are! I am two weeks into owning my brand new 2014 GMC Sierra SLT and I love it ..... However the lighting does leave a bit of room for improvement! It took me about a week to find this forum, and then another week to read this thread from start to finish.

With that being said, I still have a few questions. I thought I had it all figured out and went to the TRS website to place an order and then I stumbled upon this kit that I have yet to read about..... the

" SIERRA SPEC: MORIMOTO ELITE HID SYSTEM " http://www.theretrofitsource.com/hid-systems/morimoto-elite-hid-system-sierra-low-beam.html#.VDiLlmddWSo

(and if someone else posted it, my apologies! There is a TON of information in here and it seems to jump all over the place, leaving newbies like myself a bit confused). Others have mentioned the MOPAR kit, then the 9012 Kit, the 9006 Kit; but this one seems like it would be as the name suggests, for the Sierra owners? Can a more seasoned and knowledgeable poster take a look and tell me if I am missing something here?

I am looking to get a "cleaner" white colored light to match the factory DRL's while adding additional light on the road. I will eventually swap all the other lights (fogs, highs, third brake, reverse, etc. to match) but need to start with the low beams.

Also wanting to know what the real advantages/disadvantages between the 35w and the 55w kits are? Thinking that the 4300k or 5000k lights are the way to go as well.

Thanks to all the others who have posted so much already but I just want a little more clarity before i pull the trigger.

I have the SLT sierra with LED DRL. See this page, get exactly the same thing ...color, etc worked out perfect for me.

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/152762-hid-headlight-bulbs-hid-projector-retrofit/page-32

Thank you and I did read your post about the lights and was leaning towards that same set up. However, I am just curious as to why many members are going with the Mopar kit rather than the Sierra or Silverado specific kits that they have listed on the TRS website? Is there something that the Mopar kit has that the Sierra kit does not? It would appear that they are the same in my novice eyes and being that I went to purchase this after their normal buisness hours, I can not call them. Maybe I can wait until Monday to call and ask them unless someone on this forum knows the answers?

Hey Everyone, I just read through all 50 pages (lots of information in this thread) and want to conform everything before I place my order.

I'm going to go with DDM HID

I have a 2014 Sierra SLT I'm debating on the 35 Watt kit or the 55Watt. If I go with the 35Watt kit is everything I need listed below correct?

Wattage - 35 Watt

Bulb Type - 9006

Bulb Color - 5000K

HID Harness - Dual in, Dual Out $9.99

Error Eliminator - 4700uF Capacitor, Pair $5.99

Now if I decide to go with the 55Watt kit I don't need to buy the error eliminators right? Because the 55Watt has a higher current and shouldn't trip the BCM into thinking a bulb is burnt out right?

Thanks in advance