Oil catch can?

Wait so when you installed the oil catch can, you noticed the clean side inlets were 100% dry with no evidence of oil/crud? Meaning the clean side separator is not that critical to install then?

Correct...both clean side inlets were dry so IMO you are correct, the clean side separator isn't as critical to install. I will probably check the inlets in another thousand or so miles to see if anything has changed.

Correct...both clean side inlets were dry so IMO you are correct, the clean side separator isn't as critical to install. I will probably check the inlets in another thousand or so miles to see if anything has changed.

Cool thanks for the information. I'm still trying to decide if I want to pull the trigger on the catch can or not. My only worry is whether I'll void the warranty or not, or if something goes wrong with the engine whether the dealer will try to blame the catch can or not. Decisions decisions........

Cool thanks for the information. I'm still trying to decide if I want to pull the trigger on the catch can or not. My only worry is whether I'll void the warranty or not, or if something goes wrong with the engine whether the dealer will try to blame the catch can or not. Decisions decisions........

Quit worrying. You will NOT void the warranty.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I put the Rx on my 6.2L. All I can say is the craftsmanship is top notch and the kit is well done. Mounting bracket is perfect and plenty of good quality hose to work with. Almost looks factory when complete. To anyone who has put one on...do you really need hose clamps? Hose seems pretty tight on the barbs to me.

I put the Rx on my 6.2L. All I can say is the craftsmanship is top notch and the kit is well done. Mounting bracket is perfect and plenty of good quality hose to work with. Almost looks factory when complete. To anyone who has put one on...do you really need hose clamps? Hose seems pretty tight on the barbs to me.

I didn't use hose clamps on my car (RX) or truck (mike Norris)

Update on RX can I installed 1000 miles ago, page 2/ post 21 of this topic.

I drained just over 2 ounces of oil. I'm really pleased with the RX product. The included bits and hose are spot-on. I think it should cost less but I would buy their can again.

I have been dreaming of owning a direct-injected engine since I first read about the tech ten years ago. Making sure that minimal engine vent oil is being ingested is a natural upgrade for DI engines.

• 2 weeks later...

I thought about this for a while and even with these catch cans you are still going to get the same problem just not as fast, so my plan is to take some old Nitrous system parts and make it so I can spray some cleaner in it the intake tube from time to time. I haven't planned out how much or when, but that will be my fix.

The other option is to vent this stuff into the air, but not sure what parts of the computer would give me hell. However this oil in the combustion chamber makes it more prone to detention so it would be good to avoid it all together.

Edited by Crf450r420