Ladder Bars or Traction Bars? Where to find?

Hey everyone! I'm new to this forum so please forgive me if I am posting in the wrong spot. I have a 2008 GMC Sierra 1500 4wd SLT that is lifted 11" (7.5" RCX suspension and 3" PA body lift) sitting on 37" nittos. I have just recently swapped in a 6.2L with a big nasty cam, a 6L80 6-speed transmission and 4.10 gears...now i'm getting really bad axle wrap to the point of it shredding my u-joints and damaging the diff yoke. Does anyone know where I can find a set of traction bars or ladder bars for my truck? I have looked everywhere online but I can't seem to find anywhere that makes them for my bodystyle. Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks

Hey everyone! I'm new to this forum so please forgive me if I am posting in the wrong spot. I have a 2008 GMC Sierra 1500 4wd SLT that is lifted 11" (7.5" RCX suspension and 3" PA body lift) sitting on 37" nittos. I have just recently swapped in a 6.2L with a big nasty cam, a 6L80 6-speed transmission and 4.10 gears...now i'm getting really bad axle wrap to the point of it shredding my u-joints and damaging the diff yoke. Does anyone know where I can find a set of traction bars or ladder bars for my truck? I have looked everywhere online but I can't seem to find anywhere that makes them for my bodystyle. Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks

Hey man I was just looking at your pictures, that is one sweet lookin rig! hopefully you get that wwrap sorted out, post some videos!

Thanks everyone for the responses! I am going to do a little more looking online and see if I can't come up with something soon. Does anyone know if 3/4 ton or 1 ton leaf springs would fit on my truck? If so would it help eliminate the axle wrap?

Hey man I was just looking at your pictures, that is one sweet lookin rig! hopefully you get that wwrap sorted out, post some videos!

Thank You! It has been a HUGE project and grown into a little bit of an obsession lol...I wanted to build something that you dont see everyday...anybody can slap a procharger on a 5.3L and make 500 hp...I wanted to reach those types of figures without forced induction on a truck that sits 8ft tall :D

Thank You! It has been a HUGE project and grown into a little bit of an obsession lol...I wanted to build something that you dont see everyday...anybody can slap a procharger on a 5.3L and make 500 hp...I wanted to reach those types of figures without forced induction on a truck that sits 8ft tall :D

How about a procharged 6.2? hehehe :D

Thanks everyone for the responses! I am going to do a little more looking online and see if I can't come up with something soon. Does anyone know if 3/4 ton or 1 ton leaf springs would fit on my truck? If so would it help eliminate the axle wrap?

The leaf packs will fit from a 2500, get you about 1.5" of height, but I dont know if they will prevent the axle wrap. I did the spring swap on my truck.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk Pro

How about a procharged 6.2? hehehe :D

I really thinking hard about a nasty twin turbo setup but Im not sure my bank account can quite handle that yet...guess I'll just have to keep playing the powerball :-D

The leaf packs will fit from a 2500, get you about 1.5" of height, but I dont know if they will prevent the axle wrap. I did the spring swap on my truck.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk Pro

Did you have to modify anything or did they just bolt right up? I would like to swap in 2500 leaf packs but since my truck already has a 7.5" suspension lift im a little skeptical...I dont want to push my luck with pinion angle.

Archived