2014+ Truck Bed / Tonneau Covers

All my trucks in the past I have had leer and ARE fiberglass tonneau covers   

decided to try undercover since they are easy to take off and only weigh 65lbs love it. 

paint has a lifetime warranty 

sorry this is the only pic I have so far

82D91BEE-CA11-43E5-934E-A41A68B732A9.jpeg

Edited by Sean006
  • Like 1

On 9/12/2020 at 7:03 AM, Sean006 said:

All my trucks in the past I have had leer and ARE fiberglass tonneau covers   

decided to try undercover since they are easy to take off and only weigh 65lbs love it. 

paint has a lifetime warranty 

sorry this is the only pic I have so far

82D91BEE-CA11-43E5-934E-A41A68B732A9.jpeg

It looks nice. But Im not a fan of big one piece covers. Storage is an issue for some of us when we need the full bed.  On the hard tri folds-for short trips to the bike path they fold up in front of the rear window and lock in place. For longer trips they come off and mine sits on my patio table.  But your truck looks good!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
On 12/6/2020 at 10:00 PM, Replacement said:

Just picked up the Bakflip F1. Was dark when I finished installing, this is the best pic I have right now.  I haggled the guys at auto anything for a better price. Very similar to the Mx4.

20201206_235531.jpg

Looks awesome! Got anymore pictures of it during the day?

• Like 2

On 1/6/2021 at 9:20 AM, Richard472 said:

I have the soft roll cover, it's easy to roll on and off. Even if I want the bed open, the roll is snug fit and I don't have to worry that it will loose. This is my first accessory I bought. 

I just put the roll-style cover on my 17 Sierra also.  My father has had a Truxedo roll-style tonneau for over 15 years, and other than needing to sew new velcro onto the sides, it's been rock solid.  A buddy of mine bought the no-name version from Amazon for less than half the cost of the Truxedo, and he was really happy with it, so I decided to give it a try. I just put on the truck on Tuesday, and I'm mostly satisfied.  It's virtually identical to my father's Truxedo, with the only real difference being that the Truxedo has metal pieces where the back of the cover cams into place, and this has plastic.  My only real complaint is that I don't feel like the back of the cover comes down quite far enough, so there's not a good seal on the tailgate.  I'll have to see if I get any water that leaks in through that spot.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 11/10/2019 at 7:35 AM, sballmann45 said:

For anyone wondering, yes, it is possible to have a headache rack, a tonneau cover, and a toolbox all at the same time! I just finished building this rack and it works great. 

20191106_160152.jpg

20191109_174043.jpg

Did you just bout a 5.8 cover on your truck bed or did you cut a fit down to size? 

5 hours ago, jaimeastin said:

Did you just bout a 5.8 cover on your truck bed or did you cut a fit down to size? 

Its an "Extang Trifecta Toolbox 2.0 Tri-Fold Tonneau Cover" I got from americantrucks.com. It's made  to fit with a toolbox. 

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

I'm considering a new cover for my 2016 GMC Sierra SLT Crew Cab,  narrowed it down to the Leer HF650M, Lomax Trifold or the Extang Xceed. It's tough though, some of the reviews are terrible, but that goes for any product anymore. I like the Leer and the fact that with 4 panels it folds low enough to be able to see the brake light and doesn't require a drain. Anyone have any experience with any of these?

7 hours ago, doropallo said:

I'm considering a new cover for my 2016 GMC Sierra SLT Crew Cab,  narrowed it down to the Leer HF650M, Lomax Trifold or the Extang Xceed. It's tough though, some of the reviews are terrible, but that goes for any product anymore. I like the Leer and the fact that with 4 panels it folds low enough to be able to see the brake light and doesn't require a drain. Anyone have any experience with any of these?

Wow, I just got back from the local speed shop that actually had models of covers and real world experience and now I'm leaning towards the Leer 350 over the others. They had an Extang Solid Fold 2 that is really nice, but there's no rail and the separate locking mechanism is kind of a turn off. Extang is currently doubling the 4 year warranty to 8 years. And they love their customer service. I didn't like that out of the 3 panels only 2 actually flip, for more space you remove the cover. Such a difficult decision.

Edited by doropallo

• 8 months later...

I'm waiting on my GatorTrax Electric Tonneau Cover to be delivered late next week.
I think it's the same as many of the above.
If anyone wants a non-electric retractable cover, let me know - shipping will be an issue so I guess I'll just add it to my parts bin (33x12.5x18 BFG KO2s - about 100 miles on 'em, a few sets of side mirrors - original color matched Summit White caps, some HID headlights - original, original aluminum 18" rims in mint condition ... I got a lot!)

Edited by MikeBMW