What have you done to your K2 today?

Have the iPhone 12 Pro Max and my truck has no wireless charging  

so did the mod to the armrest - (center lid indentation) bought the MagSafe charger and double sided tape - works great. 

D12AF6F5-5213-48B0-8577-696083F642E8.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Got smacked by a rock on my way home today, made a really nasty chip right in the center of the passenger door. Good news is, this kickstarted a nice little winter project. Gonna get some touch up materials, fix that, and I'm also going to be tackling some small areas of surface rust I've discovered under the tailgate and driver door-jam.

On a positive note, it's been precisely a year since I powder coated my chrome bumpers and replaced my OEM grill with a black one and no chips whatsoever! ?

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Sean006 said:

Have the iPhone 12 Pro Max and my truck has no wireless charging  

so did the mod to the armrest - (center lid indentation) bought the MagSafe charger and double sided tape - works great. 

D12AF6F5-5213-48B0-8577-696083F642E8.jpeg

Glad to see I’m not the only one after this setup. I did this to mine back in Nov, only I chose to conceal the cable through the rubber liner 90degrees down from the chargers output. I ran the wiring through the lid to a PD charger inside the center console that’s keyed to the ignition. I also 3m taped(w/ 3m adhesion promoter) for bonding, then added a trim ring to take away some of the “puck” look. Next time I have some clear coat mixed up I plan to paint the trim ring to match the plastic surround. To finish it off, I have a 3D textured 3m skin coming for the MagSafe charger that will match the leather of the console. I recommend the cplay2air module(I’ve got mine inside the glovebox) which will allow your CarPlay to work wirelessly while using this style setup. ??

E3872E3D-28E2-479A-879D-94BC8D688076.jpeg

• Like 4

7 hours ago, JohnnyLane said:

Glad to see I’m not the only one after this setup. I did this to mine back in Nov, only I chose to conceal the cable through the rubber liner 90degrees down from the chargers output. I ran the wiring through the lid to a PD charger inside the center console that’s keyed to the ignition. I also 3m taped(w/ 3m adhesion promoter) for bonding, then added a trim ring to take away some of the “puck” look. Next time I have some clear coat mixed up I plan to paint the trim ring to match the plastic surround. To finish it off, I have a 3D textured 3m skin coming for the MagSafe charger that will match the leather of the console. I recommend the cplay2air module(I’ve got mine inside the glovebox) which will allow your CarPlay to work wirelessly while using this style setup. ??

E3872E3D-28E2-479A-879D-94BC8D688076.jpeg

That looks way cleaner nice job

Where did you find the trim ring ?

the wire is already on my nerve so may update it soon

Edited by Sean006

9 hours ago, Sean006 said:

Trim ring is from spigen.com. Black Friday deals had em for $10/ea. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Sean006 said:

$14.99 on Amazon

https://www.amazon.com/Spigen-Designed-MagSafe-Charger-Included/dp/B08LP8PSX7/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=magsafe+mag+fit&qid=1610334561&sr=8-1

• Like 1

Got my new REKLEZ uca’s installed, look good. But they didn’t set the struts to 9” so I gotta go back and have the adjust them!

new McGaughy struts3DB0F24C-C94F-448B-A2BF-E1C3175CBF48.thumb.jpeg.6baded71db9ddfab5649c15fc7a514a7.jpeg

Reklez uca’s 

B7AF85FA-8E79-4346-8AFD-F846C2E2118D.thumb.jpeg.4bd80bfaaf95f4b72c0bbd8353293fe2.jpeg

need to move up not at the 9” mark

no way you can have a 7” lift with 37’s 

2B0B9091-A7B2-4607-BCD6-CC126B4EC68E.thumb.jpeg.60fb7c54096ed5cb77cc0784546452e6.jpeg

Edited by Frankielozano214
  • Like 2

On 1/10/2021 at 6:51 AM, Sean006 said:

If you decide you want to go wireless Android Auto or Apple carplay . here is the link to a plug & play item .

I was told this is the Unit MVI  use's without the $600 high mark up .

https://phoenixautomotiveinc.com/products/touch-portable-apple-carplay-android-auto-plc-h6?variant=32634064961582

• Like 1

If you decide you want to go wireless Android Auto or Apple carplay . here is the link to a plug & play item .

I was told this is the Unit MVI  use's without the $600 high mark up .

https://phoenixautomotiveinc.com/products/touch-portable-apple-carplay-android-auto-plc-h6?variant=32634064961582

This looks cool. Can you give me more info on this? Are you using stock radio and screen? I’ve got a 2014 with Bose and navigation and am having a hard time wanting to spend the $700 plus the downtime of sending in my instrument cluster to have it programmed to have the steering wheel buttons work. Any pics of it’s menu and it working?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

8 hours ago, lildann said:

This looks cool. Can you give me more info on this? Are you using stock radio and screen? I’ve got a 2014 with Bose and navigation and am having a hard time wanting to spend the $700 plus the downtime of sending in my instrument cluster to have it programmed to have the steering wheel buttons work. Any pics of it’s menu and it working?

Sorry I don't own the unit . I saw it recently in someones truck @ a car function .

I noticed they were watching YouTube So I asked what he was using to stream .

He showed me the little black box plugged in & went through a few features

YouTube , Netflix , Google Play store . I asked him were he purchased it & he

gave me the link & he also said it was the same unit MVI uses & is selling for $600 .

But he got it for half that at the Link . Sorry forgot to mention his truck is a 2018

with Bose  all stock besides rims .

Not sure why you mention your steering wheel buttons ???

This wont help you getting them to function ...

Edited by PAPER
  • Like 1

That unit does not work with the stock radios. It is made for one of the Android based after market replacements like the ones Phoenix makes.

• Like 1