What have you done to your K2 today?

10 hours ago, lildann said:

I tried to buy them off one of the group pages for Silverado’s on Facebook. Got scammed because I sent it cash app. Sent it to the moderators of the page. Only one responded with “he’s not part of the group” emoji1617.pngWell, no ******. He changed his profile name and pic and then blocked me. Reported him to Facebook and got some bullshit auto email telling me that they are going to look into it. Been about a month and still no response. Hopefully no one else gets scammed. I should’ve known better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not cool man.. live and learn I guess, next time stick to paypal. Hopefully FB eventually gives you the response you're looking for

• Like 1

4 hours ago, maillet282 said:

Finally received the Rough Country hidden winch plate for my 2017.  Hoping that the temp reaches the -1C range next week where I can do the install and possibly wash the truck after 

555405CF-68EC-42C2-89DD-71A8AC33E85F.thumb.jpeg.d2b04ea20724c6808089825ef629095c.jpeg 

Is that around 30.2 Fahrenheit? 

You are a brave man to wash your truck with ice water.

8 hours ago, JimCost2014 said:

Is that around 30.2 Fahrenheit? 

You are a brave man to wash your truck with ice water.

Y’a 

that’s around 30.2F 

the plan was to go to the local car wash and use the pressure washer to clean off some of the salt. Will resume hand washing the truck in the spring. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, maillet282 said:

Y’a 

that’s around 30.2F 

the plan was to go to the local car wash and use the pressure washer to clean off some of the salt. Will resume hand washing the truck in the spring. 

Depending on how busy the self serve wash is, you can always use the two bucket method and hand wash in the wash bay. That's what I do in the winter. Hard to keep a black truck clean with all the salt and snow though.

• Like 1

On 1/4/2021 at 3:31 PM, langston1726 said:

Fresh AC Delco plugs and Taylor wires today. Truck has 69000 miles on it so maybe a little early. Plugs don’t look too bad but I don’t think I’d would want to go another 30k miles per GMs recommendation.

c9619654152976893ce2df60351f1f89.jpg

9facac378c0e8f80cbcb6d3a80090e63.jpg

New to doing my own plugs. Do they require setting the gap or certain torque spec or having them timed at the right torque angle? Or are they just screw in and go? I'm coming up on 70K soon and would like to do my plugs early as well. Let me know, interested in how critical what I asked is.

2 hours ago, boettcher40 said:

Depending on how busy the self serve wash is, you can always use the two bucket method and hand wash in the wash bay. That's what I do in the winter. Hard to keep a black truck clean with all the salt and snow though.

Hate that so much. Washed and looking sexy in black, then covered in road salt by time I even get home. She's just a dirty hoe I guess.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, boettcher40 said:

It’s hard to keep any vehicle clean here in the winter. They throw down so much salt it’s ridiculous 

32 minutes ago, xSHIFTxNASTYx said:
31 minutes ago, maillet282 said:

It’s hard to keep any vehicle clean here in the winter. They throw down so much salt it’s ridiculous 

Hate that so much. Washed and looking sexy in black, then covered in road salt by time I even get home. She's just a dirty hoe I guess.

Heard that.. it was freshly washed a day before we got a few inches ?

IMG_3236.jpg

• Like 1

They come pre-gapped to 0.040 but probably not a bad idea to check them. I did not. I heard the coating can be damaged if you’re not careful. The back 2 are kind of a pain to get to but other then that pretty straight forward. They have a torque spec but i just went snug with a light coating of anti-seize on the threads.

Pulled the grill on my Work Truck to swap in GM chrome. Didn't go as planned. The WT grill is one piece behind. I hate gm actually spent the time designing thes trucks to be so different between models and skimped in other areas that actually need attention. Now I'm either gonna sell/ trade these or find a way to fab this install.20210108_132144.thumb.jpg.14a0f8959421f10de9f6d86587ad3b82.jpg20210108_132037_HDR.thumb.jpg.4740e873fe4a1a390c16bd650ba5a159.jpg2e24e99db3f8f5739536ec80bca06afb.jpg

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

20210108_135712.jpg

Trimmed the overhang on the CTSV pads on the ZR1 calipers. (Forgot to take after photos)

Got a new set of plugs and gapped them down to 0.025”.

Now waiting for my headers and Y pipe to come back and put it all back together.

6 hours ago, xSHIFTxNASTYx said:

New to doing my own plugs. Do they require setting the gap or certain torque spec or having them timed at the right torque angle? Or are they just screw in and go? I'm coming up on 70K soon and would like to do my plugs early as well. Let me know, interested in how critical what I asked is.

You can check the gap on new AC Delco plugs if you want but just be careful because you don't want to damage the electrode tip. They come pre-gapped and I pretty much never gap them or even checked them. I may just eye ball it with another plug to make sure it's not a lot smaller but that's it.

It makes zero difference if one plug is at .038 and another at .040 gap.

They just screw in and get either torqued to some sort of factory torque spec or the german spec of good'n tight. Never once torqued a spark plug, getting them real snug is good enough.

Guys,
Ditch the 2nd bucket. You don't need two buckets.
You need one bucket with a dozen microfiber towels in it with the car wash soap of your choice.
Use one towel per panel and put it down. Don't use it again.
Get a new towel out of the clean soapy water and repeat.
Towels are cheap. Swirls suck.
I guess you could use the second bucket for the dirty towels.
I do this several times a week and have it down, trust me.86acf95450b970795e501f4151881336.jpg5d39f75ecf457ace9c189099cbf96f7a.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dieselfan1 said:

Guys,
Ditch the 2nd bucket. You don't need two buckets.
You need one bucket with a dozen microfiber towels in it with the car wash soap of your choice.
Use one towel per panel and put it down. Don't use it again.
Get a new towel out of the clean soapy water and repeat.
Towels are cheap. Swirls suck.
I guess you could use the second bucket for the dirty towels.
I do this several times a week and have it down, trust me.86acf95450b970795e501f4151881336.jpg5d39f75ecf457ace9c189099cbf96f7a.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Yup, swirls do suck. That’s why I use multiple microfiber mitts and still use the (proven) 2 bucket method. Not my first rodeo on detailing and/or paint correction. Plus, if you use a quality sealing product, you shouldn’t have to worry about so many swirls ?

AB028E54-D62F-4F32-8FEF-1479E280A36A.jpeg

• Like 1