Capabilities of the 4.2 inch screen

My RCSB came with the rear view camera. Not the beep-beep-beep- sensors tho.

I believe this is standard across all trims. Because starting in May of 2016 the law is that auto manufacturers need to start phasing in vehicles as having backup cameras as standard equipment. And by May of 2018, it needs to be 100% every model across the board. I guess GM is ahead of the game.

EDIT:

Nevermind, on Chevy's the backup camera is not standard (or even available) on WT models. And is optional on LT and LT Z71. Doesnt become standard until LTZ.

For GMC the "Sierra" trim (basically WT), does not have it available either. But is standard on SLE and up models.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On the new 2015 Chevy Silverado WT/LS/LT the backup camera is now an option that is available on these packages.

LS Convenience Package

Includes:

◾110V outlet

◾Rear Vision Camera

WT Convenience Package

The WT Convenience Package includes:

◾Tinted windows

◾110V AC power outlet

◾Remote Keyless Entry

◾Rear Vision Camera

◾Black outside heated, power-adjustable mirrors

The LT Convenience Package includes:

◾Driver 10-way power seat adjuster

◾Dual-zone climate control on Crew Cab and Double Cab models

◾Remote vehicle starter system

◾Chevrolet MyLink®1 8" diagonal display audio system on Crew Cab and Double Cab models

◾Rear Vision Camera

◾Rear-window defogger

◾110V AC power outlet

◾Manual tilt and telescopic steering column

On LT without Z71 Off-Road Package, this package includes front fog lamps.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...

I have a buddy that wrecked his 2014 silverado with the 8" screen, could i buy his touchscreen and use it in my 2014 silverado so i can get rid of my little 4.2" screen?

Yes, but I'm not sure if you can just swap his other component (forgot the name lol) that makes it work to your truck or you will need to get a different one made to match your Vin which is what most everyone is doing to upgrade their touch screen stuff.

2014 Silverado 2WT CC Summit White 4.3L V6

DROPKICK Edition

IG: jorge_dropkick_rangel

Yes, but I'm not sure if you can just swap his other component (forgot the name lol) that makes it work to your truck or you will need to get a different one made to match your Vin which is what most everyone is doing to upgrade their touch screen stuff.

2014 Silverado 2WT CC Summit White 4.3L V6

DROPKICK Edition

IG: jorge_dropkick_rangel

i upgraded my 4.2" sceen to oem 8" with backup camera and navigation :fingersx: . it is awesome. i do not understand y they have the 4.2" screen. it sucks. it cost me 1599 its plug and play 1-2 hours to hook up. will post pics soon

So you installed the camera as well? Did you buy this through the dealer? If so I want to do that! Any part numbers for it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So you installed the camera as well? Did you buy this through the dealer? If so I want to do that! Any part numbers for it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

you can buy it from ebay....sounds good audio sells it on there.

Archived