Leveling Kit for 2015 Sierra Denali Magnetic Ride

4 minutes ago, TXGREEK said:

I ordered my loaded out SLT precisely this exact reason, avoiding Magneride. I knew I’d be upgrading the suspension and was informed by experts to avoid it at all cost.

Yeah, I've heard of guys going with an SLT or SLE trim to avoid the Mag system. My problem is when I added all the options I wanted it put me in the Denali trim. In the end, it'll only cost you $400 to get the bypass kit and you can have all the options of the Denali with your own suspension the way you want it. In your case a loaded SLT gets you a lot of options too without having to do a bypass kit. Did you already upgrade your suspension? I'm curious what you went with and if you like it?

• Like 1

Yeah, I've heard of guys going with an SLT or SLE trim to avoid the Mag system. My problem is when I added all the options I wanted it put me in the Denali trim. In the end, it'll only cost you $400 to get the bypass kit and you can have all the options of the Denali with your own suspension the way you want it. In your case a loaded SLT gets you a lot of options too without having to do a bypass kit. Did you already upgrade your suspension? I'm curious what you went with and if you like it?

I don’t do well with high maintenance vehicles, trade them in within a year. I had to get the 6.2 but only in the SLT. My suspension, Yes sir, CST 4.5” lift, front CST CoilOvers, rear CST with Resi’s, replaced rear block with 3” CST added a leaf in rear. Upgraded the three month old Nitto Ridge Grapplers 285/60/20’s to the 295/60/20’s. Very very happy with it, drives like stock, excellent stock angles too. CST is the best I’ve ever had in a lift, extreme highest quality you can buy. It allowed me to keep my excellent turning radius, same factory track width too. CST lifts even allow anyone to keep their stock oem wheels too.

Front2767553ee71d6fbecbeadc7599d35a3e.jpg

Rear9a603fa30f921839857a0c90f773eb8c.jpg

Full4de6af67f4a4664a9504ea39e52dd014.jpg

1 hour ago, TXGREEK said:

I don’t do well with high maintenance vehicles, trade them in within a year. I had to get the 6.2 but only in the SLT. My suspension, Yes sir, CST 4.5” lift, front CST CoilOvers, rear CST with Resi’s, replaced rear block with 3” CST added a leaf in rear. Upgraded the three month old Nitto Ridge Grapplers 285/60/20’s to the 295/60/20’s. Very very happy with it, drives like stock, excellent stock angles too. CST is the best I’ve ever had in a lift, extreme highest quality you can buy. It allowed me to keep my excellent turning radius, same factory track width too. CST lifts even allow anyone to keep their stock oem wheels too.

I've only heard phenomenal things about CST. When you added a leaf, how did you find it effected your ride? On certain strips of highway I get a see-saw bounce. It's when they do 10 foot concrete sections that have tar strips across them - everything else (like black top) is super smooth. The HaloLifts kit helped with it, but it's not completely gone. I'm wondering if adding a leaf will help stabilize the rear end better.

• Like 1

I've only heard phenomenal things about CST. When you added a leaf, how did you find it effected your ride? On certain strips of highway I get a see-saw bounce. It's when they do 10 foot concrete sections that have tar strips across them - everything else (like black top) is super smooth. The HaloLifts kit helped with it, but it's not completely gone. I'm wondering if adding a leaf will help stabilize the rear end better.

Tough question to answer, because I wanted to still have some rake up front I had the 4x4 shop add the extra leaf so I wouldn’t go any higher than with the 3” block the lift came with and “BANG!” it worked. Plus I can still add some heavy loads without drooping in the rear. One of the many great things about doing a CST lift is that it doesn’t take away any of your towing capabilities. Though they are trucks the ride quality is excellent. I’m also running rear CST Resi’s and front coilovers 947fcff8f92e3b3bf5b176c726a9d11a.jpg
a1a65f919b9eb2c5448bfd2d886e85de.jpg
213c142fc187b33aef3410e763f088e7.jpg

I’ve noticed nothing but a great ride which believe me when I say “I really am very happy with the turn out.”

Any pics of the Halo Lift and how’s your suspension angles after the lift?

• 2 weeks later...
To summarize the thread, if you get a general leveling kit, the Magneride will ride more rough, unless you have a dealership re-zero the Magneride calibration.  If you buy a Magneride specific leveling kit that moves the sensor arm to compensate for the level, then you should be good to go with the same as stock ride.  (or very very similar as the geometry changes with the level).

I went with the 1.5" SuspensionMaxx Magneride level kit on mine and the ride stayed exactly the same as stock.
Is the Magneride adjustment needed only if lifting the front?... I know this is the lift forum but have gone back and forth on lifting the front or dropping the rear 2 inches or so. If I drop the rear and don't have to worry about an adjustment... Well just another reason to consider. Thanks.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

18 minutes ago, GMC_SD_Ult_16 said:

Is the Magneride adjustment needed only if lifting the front?... I know this is the lift forum but have gone back and forth on lifting the front or dropping the rear 2 inches or so. If I drop the rear and don't have to worry about an adjustment... Well just another reason to consider. Thanks.

If you alter the height front or rear the shocks either need to be re-zeroed at the dealer, as each shock has a sensor on it that measures the height, ie. shock travel, and adjusts the damping based on where the load.

If you alter the height front or rear the shocks either need to be re-zeroed at the dealer, as each shock has a sensor on it that measures the height, ie. shock travel, and adjusts the damping based on where the load.
Ok good to know.... Can you go to the dealer to re-zero or add something to change the sensor position?

Also if you go to the dealer do you just ask them to zero out the back shocks or all the shocks? Just want to say it correctly...

Lastly what can I expect for the cost of dealer to do this?

Being just braces for the magnetic ride, I bet you can use another manufacturer for the magnetic ride using just braces and use other higher end coilovers like CST or King to provide the actual leveling.

Sent from above

6 hours ago, GMC_SD_Ult_16 said:

Ok good to know.... Can you go to the dealer to re-zero or add something to change the sensor position?

Also if you go to the dealer do you just ask them to zero out the back shocks or all the shocks? Just want to say it correctly...

Lastly what can I expect for the cost of dealer to do this?

You would have to ask the dealer to rezero all the shocks, they work together as a system, so you just tell them that you need to reset/zero the Magneride system because you’ve done a lift.  There are lift kits that are designed for the Magneride system that will come with the relocation brackets for the sensors to keep them at the same setting.  This is what I used for my front level, and I recommend doing the same if you are doing a full lift, just look for a lift kit that is made for the Magneride system and includes new sensor brackets.

• 7 months later...

I put the ReadyLift 2.25” leveling Kit with control arms on my 2018 Denali and then had the alignment and had the dealer reset the magnaride and it still rides like crap when you get above 65 the front end “bounces” like crazy. It’s almost like the magnaride is reacting to itself and going from soft to stiff repeatedly as you go down the road. Any ideas how to fix this?

• 5 months later...

Does anyone have a picture of stock MAGNARIDE control sensor picture? I just did a lift for my 2015 Denali with the fabtech 3.5 “ lift. I try to make riser for the sensor rod and it doesn’t seem that my ride is getting better. I need a picture to see the angle and height measurements to get the sensor back to stock position. Any help is greatly appreciated.